Thread: I kind of feel bad about this gloat....

I kind of feel bad about this gloat....

I saw on one of the posts a while back a photo of a Jet mini with an extension on a stand. I did not realize that you could get a STAND extension also. I found it new on Amazon with free shipping and 20% off (less than $40 total), so I just had to get it.
    After it arrived, the L.O.M.L. came out into the shop to see what I was doing and I showed her the Jet on the newly acquired stand. She said that she could NOT TELL THE DIFFERENCE, that it LOOKED THE SAME to her. Oh well, I guess she won't be able to tell the difference between my current miter saw and the Makita 12" compound sliding miter saw that will take it's place next week!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Robert McGowen; 03-22-2007 at 12:00 AM.

Quick, buy a Mayo and tell her your mini grew overnight! Maybe she won't know the difference.

Quote Originally Posted by Neal Addy
    Quick, buy a Mayo and tell her your mini grew overnight! Maybe she won't know the difference.
    ....or buy a PM3520 and a case of white spray paint
    Officially Retired!!!!!!!! Woo-Hoo!!!

1,036 miles NW of Keith Burns

The more important question is:

Does this mean that you get a free pass on not noticing her new hairdo the next time she come home from the beauty parlor?
    Only the Blue Roads

Quote Originally Posted by Robert McGowen
    She said that she could NOT TELL THE DIFFERENCE, that it LOOKED THE SAME to her.
    Not here, my wife can tell when a new board gets added to the lumber pile, and my pile is plentyfull.
    Jim

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Robert McGowen
    I saw on one of the posts a while back a photo of a Jet mini with an extension on a stand. I did not realize that you could get a STAND extension also. I found it new on Amazon with free shipping and 20% off (less than $40 total), so I just had to get it.
    After it arrived, the L.O.M.L. came out into the shop to see what I was doing and I showed her the Jet on the newly acquired stand. She said that she could NOT TELL THE DIFFERENCE, that it LOOKED THE SAME to her. Oh well, I guess she won't be able to tell the difference between my current miter saw and the Makita 12" compound sliding miter saw that will take it's place next week!
    wanna bet?
    What you listen to is your business....what you hear is ours.

Robert, I know someone suggested a Mayo, but don't settle for second best. Go with a Robust. You can tell her it got dirty.
    Success is the sum of Failure and Learning

Blog Entries
    It's not so much the tool you turn on but the turning the tool turns out.(say that 5 times fast) I'm on a jet mini too and it is a little dynamo.

Blog Entries

I've figured out the power of the vortex!!!!

The reason it is so powerful is because it's the only wood work that starts as a rough peice of wood and rigtht before your eyes it transforms into a thing of beauty. Not instantly but in a manner which allows you to not only control the outcome but to fall in love with it as it transforms into that thing of beauty. F work has to be cut and peiced together where as turning appears right before your eyes. Carving, while it produces a thing of beauty, doesn't transform at 1240 rpm's. So as a peice is turning it draws you right into the trance which is better known as .....the Vortex!
    Am I right? I don't know how this happened but this was supposed to be its own thread. If a moderator can move this i'd appreciate it. Thanks.
    Last edited by Bill Wyko; 03-22-2007 at 7:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Christopher K. Hartley
    Robert, I know someone suggested a Mayo, but don't settle for second best. Go with a Robust. You can tell her it got dirty.
    Just a clairification...Mayo is "The Other Big One" Jet is "Mayo Lite" and I still own one and stand by it.
    Success is the sum of Failure and Learning

almost busted...

Ha! I remember last year sneaking a 14" band saw into the basement shop,,,the missus rarely comes down to the shop, but the night i was
    just finishing up setting the saw up, i hear her coming downstairs,,,
    now since i knew she'd be upset over the unannounced purchase,,,i quickly ran to the lathe and grabbed up a huge handfull of shavings
    and "christened" the new band saw just before the missus turned the
    corner,,,,,she never questioned the purchase!!!!

Blog Entries
    Jeff, been there....done that. It was a belt sander though.
    Last edited by Bill Wyko; 03-23-2007 at 1:08 PM.