Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Christmas Present Complete

Christmas Present Complete

Well almost, still needs the hinges put on it. This is the jewlery box that I made for my mother. It is made out of Honduran Mahogany. I used BLO on it and shellac. She said she needed a jewlery box with lots of little spaces for all her earings.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Awesome, Julie!! That's a really pretty box. I like the joinery at the corners and your use of dividers to help the new owner keep the interior organized. The mahogany has some great grain pattern, too...interesting to look at.

Happy holidays!!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Very nice! Your mom will love it!
    Old age can be better than the alternative.

Nice work, I know she'll treasure it

I don't see why your mom couldn't like it! Nice work!
    Jason

"Don't get stuck on stupid." --Lt. Gen. Russel Honore

Quote Originally Posted by Julie Wright
    Well almost, still needs the hinges put on it. This is the jewlery box that I made for my mother. It is made out of Honduran Mahogany. I used BLO on it and shellac. She said she needed a jewlery box with lots of little spaces for all her earings.
    Julie,
    That is a great looking box. Your mom will love it. I enjoy working with Mahogany. Tell us about the splines.
    Jerry
    Jerry in the Sunshine State
    Nam Vet, 67-68
    "If you're going to be stupid you got to be tough"

Verrrry Nice!

Great job Julie. - Your Mom will certainly like it. wonderful job on the joints & splines. I need to make one like it out of red oak & I think you just sealed my decision on the corner joinery.

The finish really makes the mahogany stand out nicely also.
    Last edited by Tom Sweeney; 12-21-2003 at 9:48 PM.
    God Bless America!

Tom Sweeney BP

Julie,

Awesome! Are those through tenons on the lid? Looks like nice tight miters too. You should be proud, I know your mother will be.

Bob

Way cool Julie! That mahogony really looks great.
    Kent Cori

Half a bubble off plumb

WAY nice Jewelry Box Julie! I really like the Joinery............the Splines really set it off, and add a real touch of class. The Mahogany was a great choice for this box, a nice, rich look to it. I am sure that will be treasured always by your mother. What a great gift! Thanks so much for sharing your excellent work with us! VERY nice job!

Very, Very nice Julie..!!!! Beautiful box, very good work and nice clean joints.....I really like the box.!!!!!

Now....you just need to make...just...one....more.....(one for MY mother)!!!!!
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Julie
    The box looks really nice. How elegant!
    Great work.
    Daniel
    "Howdy" from Southwestern PA

Sweet!

I just joined up today and am pleasently surprised to find a posting so close to home. This is a beautiful jewlery box and I'm proud to see there is such high quality work in the Charleston area. Keep up the good work! Your mother will love it!

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)
    Thanks for joining SMC. It should be noted that a real first and last name are required by the SMC Terms of Service. Please e-mail me that information and I will have your profile updated accordingly
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

Great job. I especally like the way the trim and feet at the bottom look. It just looks like the belong there. When the finish and the wood ages it will just keep looking nicer and nicer.