Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Domino Sold Out In Usa!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brown
    So for those of us who pre-ordered (from Mr Marino in this case), when will Festool drop them to us?

I know the release day is today, but I assume that is the day they'll be shipped, not the day they'll arrive.

Anyone have Festool drop ship before? I've always picked my bits up locally.

Pete
    Bob told me they would ship today. Should have them early next week.
    Cheers,
    Bob

I measure three times and still mess it up.

Quote Originally Posted by Pete Brown
    So for those of us who pre-ordered (from Mr Marino in this case), when will Festool drop them to us?

I know the release day is today, but I assume that is the day they'll be shipped, not the day they'll arrive.

Anyone have Festool drop ship before? I've always picked my bits up locally.

Pete
    I received my email notice today that the shipment was on its way. It won't arrive until next Thursday for me. But, that is okay because I won't have time to use it until then anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lautner

Don't get so offended by an april fools joke big fella. You sound like the FBI analyzing a homicide case. Relax a bit and go buy a domino.

Dan
    An April Fool's joke posted on 29th March ?? What calendar are you using ?

Quote Originally Posted by Dan Lautner
    Don't get so offended by an april fools joke big fella.
    I thought jokes were supposed to be funny.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick Christopherson
    Greg,
    It's a good thing you are from the far side of the planet or I would have to walk over there and slap you for that little joke . (or swim over there, as the case would be.)... ... snip ... ...

The thing with Domino, is that it is a product concept that, by its very nature, spans both professional and DIY markets. So regardless of Festool-Germany's published business plan, this tool will have deep-reaching impact into the DIY market.
    Rick, that's well written and easily understood. Funny thing about it though, if I replaced the references to the US with "Australia" no-one over here would blink an eye. Having lived in the US for a number of years I'd say the levels of DIY are pretty much equal, with the US leading (generally) with tool ownership by maybe a year or two - although we did get the domino first .

I used to live next door to a builder in GA and over the years we shared a LOT of tricks and suggestions. Often we would just watch how the other went about things as our approaches were quite different. Generally though we both liked to do things ourselves, or with a friend, and derived a lot of satisfaction from it. In that respect we are no different at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg Millen
    Generally though we both liked to do things ourselves, or with a friend, and derived a lot of satisfaction from it. In that respect we are no different at all.
    You are talking about woodwork aren't you ?

Quote Originally Posted by Gary Keedwell
    Just a little to add on to the baby boom theory stated above. I have put position in the position to be fairly comfortable (I'm a boomer) in my retirement years but many have not. I personally know of boomers who have no retirement plan and no savings. They tell me they will have to rely on Social Security (ha! ha!) or work till they drop.
    I don't think SS will handle 75,000,000 baby boomers. I do not think that the retiring people will effect the sales of very high end tools. Most boomers have been preparing by collecting as we go along. I personlly think that the 40- 60 year age group will continue to dominate the sales. I think people buy more when paychecks are still coming in and don't want to dip into retirement money for a hobby. If you don't believe me ask my LOML. She has plans for ALL our re tirement money!!!
    Gary K.
    Gary - My own personal experience is that your theory works just the opposite. Although I am a few years beyond the baby boomer era, I did collect tools when I was younger - mostly Sears Craftsman stuff. I was reluctant to spend for the higher quality tools when I was younger, because there were so many other priorities for our money - kids, college, house, etc.

When the kids were grown, educated and on their own, and we downsized our house to something more easily affordable, I found that even though we had less income, we had more money to do things we wanted to do. I began replacing the Craftsman tools with better brands. At this point I have no Craftsman power tools and a shop full of pretty good quality brands, including quite a few Festool products.

I am even thinking I might buy a Domino for my next project that requires a bunch of biscuits. I can't "justify" one - I just want one.
    Dave Falkenstein aka Daviddubya
    Cave Creek, AZ

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Falkenstein
    Gary - My own personal experience is that your theory works just the opposite. Although I am a few years beyond the baby boomer era, I did collect tools when I was younger - mostly Sears Craftsman stuff. I was reluctant to spend for the higher quality tools when I was younger, because there were so many other priorities for our money - kids, college, house, etc.

When the kids were grown, educated and on their own, and we downsized our house to something more easily affordable, I found that even though we had less income, we had more money to do things we wanted to do. I began replacing the Craftsman tools with better brands. At this point I have no Craftsman power tools and a shop full of pretty good quality brands, including quite a few Festool products.

I am even thinking I might buy a Domino for my next project that requires a bunch of biscuits. I can't "justify" one - I just want one.
    Dave-
    I also down-sized a few years ago but now I have the shop (size-wise) I always wanted. Although the money situation has definetely improved, I still find myself trigger shy where buying tools is concerned. I'm in a unique position because LOML actually encourages me to buy more material possessions. (tools)
    I'm ready to place a big order with uncle Bob, but find myself procastinating. I hate to say this, but it was alot easier to spend money before I went " on the wagon" last year.

Gary K.