Thread: Got Mine

Got Mine

Picked it up and now must wait till later today (after work) to become a Dominator.

Dominator

That's a hockey goalie. LOL
    PS.. the pic police are watching.

Congrats and post pics!

Congrats on the purchase! I'll be picking mine up as well right after work... Although I'll have to wait until after class tomorrow (yeah, on saturday for 4 hours) to "Dominate" anything
    We'd better begin an official Domino owners thread, or I fear the board may be overrun with threads such as this by midnight

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Hudson
    Congrats on the purchase! I'll be picking mine up as well right after work... Although I'll have to wait until after class tomorrow (yeah, on saturday for 4 hours) to "Dominate" anything
    We'd better begin an official Domino owners thread, or I fear the board may be overrun with threads such as this by midnight
    Festool has their own forum....Festool Owners Group.

Gary K.

I'm surprised by the lack of Domino talk both here and on FOG. Anyhow, I pre-ordered my Domino from my local Woodcraft, I called them up this morning to see if they were in, he said no. But he said that he just got off the phone with the distributor and that they would be in today, he'd call as soon as the UPS man brings them in. Well, D-Day has come and I can tell you where my Domino isn't: in my hands! Has anyone else gotten their Domino from a local Woodcraft?

Quote Originally Posted by Brice Burrell
    I'm surprised by the lack of Domino talk both here and on FOG.
    Should have been around a couple of months ago...I think we're all talked out and people are just waiting for their machines now
    Bill Esposito
    Click on my user name to see the link to My Personal WoodWorking and Tool Review Pages

I might be because I'm using my Domino on it's first project which was on hold waiting for it. I know, no pictures but I'll post some.

This machine is everything it was said to be, it's incredible no buyers remorse at all.

I'll post pictures of the first project this weekend.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Roxberg
    This machine is everything it was said to be, it's incredible no buyers remorse at all.
    Steve,

I would hope not; you only paid $660 for your machine, apart from the extras, whereas we in Australia paid the equivalent of $1074, and yet none of the Australian Domino owners that I know of have felt buyer's remorse. We are just jealous that you are getting it so (relatively) cheaply.

David

I picked mine up at Woodcraft today (Knoxville TN)...but do to having a huge paper due in 7 hours, I havent touched it yet...tomorrow afternoon however, I plan to change that.

William, welcome to the Creek.

Got mine too. It's a well built machine. A+
    "I love the smell of sawdust in the morning".
    Robert Duval in "Apileachips Now". - almost.

Laserpro Spirit 60W laser, Corel X3
    Missionfurnishings, Mitchell Andrus Studios, NC

David, In the US did we pay about 15-20% less on the average for most of the Festool products than what you paid down under?

TS75 here was $550.00 and the TS55 was $430.00 before 4-1-07. Were you guys close to those prices in your area?...

Ted,

No; We pay almost 40% more for those saws than you do. The current prices here for the TS55 and TS75 are the equivalent of US$660 and $875, including 10% GST. For this reason, all but the most affluent hobbyists here stay away from Festool for the most part, when they can buy good quality competitive products for half the price. But the Domino is unique, and its benefits are so obvious, that a number of hobbyists, including myself, have been willing to pay the price for it.

David