Thread: question on unifence w/ benchdog rt extension

question on unifence w/ benchdog rt extension

have a new 30" unifence (still in the box) for my grizzly contractor saw - replaced webbed right wing with bench dog router table extension - it's 16" - are there any issues i need to be aware of before i tear it open and install it? unfamiliar with the mechanism - i understand that the fence rides on the table/wing and am concerned about the t miter slot on the bench dog interferring with the gizmo that rides on the table. i took the right wing and bolted it to the left wing for some extra width and balance .....i have been absorbing the info here for some time ..... but am new member here - that is how i found out about the unifence - $165 @ lowes. would be grateful for any guidance you folks could give me.

michael

btw - this is my quote

"he who say's it cannot be done ..... should not interrupt man doing it"

...... or something like that

Why not put the Bench Dog wing on the left? There would be no interference with the table saw fence that way...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

bench dog on left? - reply

jim - thanks but i would prefer all cast iron as opposed to the table that comes with the unifence - so i installed it on right and that part is done will then attempt to create a rube goldberg design for an outfeed table with the legs - the saw must remain mobile. - anyway if anyone has experience with the unifence.... please advise. i have zero experience with it ..... i've never even seen one before and was thinking t2 until i heard that lowes was closing them out. michael

How wide is the overall width of the miter slot? The diameter of the "foot" that slides on the TS top of the Unifence is 1 3/8". If the overall width of the miter slot is less than that, chances are it's gonna be OK. Note that the Unifence has to slide over the miter slots of the TS top, yet noone has reported any problem (mine doesn't have any problem for sure).

If for whatever reason the foot gets stuck at the miter slot, buy this accessory (EBAY #300095173010) Don't worry if that particular item is sold. That seller has kept listing it one at a time for the last few years now.

About the outfeed table, you may use some of the ideas from mine here.
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 04-01-2007 at 10:29 AM. Reason: Removed direct link to auction

thank you hoa

i believe you have addressed my concern - thanks

your outfeed table is exactly as i was imagining. my reaction when seeing it was .... you stole my idea .... piano hinge and all!

i like the way you think

i am watching the roller item on "my ebay" so, not having seen the stock mechanism that slides on the table before ...... worse case scenario is buy this gizmo or tape a filler piece into the slot where the slide engages ..... my anxiety has been relieved and will tear into it first thing in the morning.

am grateful for the input - and it's reassuring to see that "OUR (lol) outfeed table idea" .... will work!

michael