Thread: Scotch Brite Pads?

Scotch Brite Pads?

I need some help locating a source for 3M Scotch Brite Synthetic Pads. I used to get these at the local HD Store, but they no longer stock them, at least not here. I have a few pieces of the Gray and White Pads left, but I really need to restock. Can anyone help me with a source for these pads? I find them to be invaluable for most of my finishing applications, and I want to try the waxing process that Keith described using the white pad and the ROS. Sounds like a great idea, thanks for sharing that Keith! Any source ideas, internet or otherwise, would be greatly appreciated.

Baer Supply. Head quarters is in Mt. Vernon, Ill.
    I buy through their warehouse in KC, MO.
    Steve

Kevin,

I ordered the 5" for the PC 333 from A&H Abrasives 800-831-6066. They supply WoodWorkers Supply and both use the same part numbers. I am sure they stock these for other ROS as well.

5" white #912769
    5" grey #912783
    5" maroon #912776

I am sure they would have the square ones as well. In the past I have gotten the square ones from Lee Valley.

Mike
    "The idea that "violence doesn't solve anything" is a historically untrue and immoral doctrine. Violence, naked force, has settled more issues in history than has any other factor, and the contrary opinion is wishful thinking at its worst. People that forget this basic truth have always paid for it with their lives and freedoms."

Hi Kevin,

I get most of my finishing supplies from a local auto paint supply store. You should have one near by if there is a HD store in your area. The auto paint store has a lot of stuff regular paint stores don't and the prices for dust masks and other supplies is better than the big box stores. I buy 3M Scotch Brite Synthetic Pads in 8" x 10" sheets.

Good luck shopping.

Dave Smith

A very quiet morning in Longview, WA.
    "Every man is as heaven made him and sometimes a great deal worse."
    Cervantes

I find Jeff Jewitt a good reliable and reasonable source, homsteadfinishing.com. He has an online catalog
    18th century nut --- Carl

Dave's got it! I buy mine at the automotive paint shop too! Green, Gray, Maroon...they have them all

Kevin
    Klingspor's

Best Regards, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year
    Daniel
    "Howdy" from Southwestern PA

Kevin,

Woodcraft has the synthetic pads also.

Roger