Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Curly Cherry Plasma Screen Stand: Lot-o-Pics

WOW! That is absolutely phenomenal. You are a talented man, Jason. I love the design! Thanks for sharing.

Jonathan

Absolutely beautiful piece Jason! Love the wood selection, the finish and the curve of the legs..

One question, how do the dovetailed case and the legs come together?

Thanks for sharing... you get my vote for another FWW submission!
    When your work speaks for itself, don't interrupt.
    Henry J. Kaiser

Wonderful design and execution Jason.

I, too, would like to see that cherry in a few years as it darkens and becomes even richer looking.

What's next?

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Jason,
    I wait...and wait...and wait...for your next project to pop up here. And once again you come up with something beautiful. You are gifted...It makes me wonder what one of your sermons are like.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Superb peice

Simply inspiring! Congrats!

Jason,

Absolutely gorgeous.

My next project is a cabinet stand for my RPTV and what I'm struggling with is heat.

Like your design mine is going to be enclosed in the front with a remote "eye" hidden somewhere to allow the components to be operated. The problem as I see it is the heat of the components. In my current stand I have to leave the glass doors open in the summer to keep my satellite receiver form going into over temp.

Have you considered airflow in this design? I was considering a vent on the bottom of the box across the length of the door opening and a couple of variable speed DC fans in the back.
    Bill Esposito
    Click on my user name to see the link to My Personal WoodWorking and Tool Review Pages

Jason,

All I have been doing lately is painted casework! I see this incredibly gorgeous piece, and I think - Boy do I have to get clients with better taste! (or maybe just nicer tv's!)

This is a gorgeous piece, and I can see many of these design elements already coming to life in pieces you haven't even built yet.

Bravo!

Jason, that last picture really did the trick to raise this piece up even higher in the "wow" catagory as well as showing some of the design details/shadow lines more clearly. Bravo! You have a gift...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Blog Entries
    Wow, your stand is absolutely georgous and in my opinion is more impressive than any plasma you could possibly use it with.

I'm honored to be even able to comunicate with such gifted woodworkers as we have here on Sawmill Creek, and you, Jason, are one of them.

This is a complete example of skills needed to make a stunning work of art out of wood: design, joinery and wood selection.

Thanks for letting us learn and be inspired by your work.
    Dan

There are three ways to get something done: Do it yourself, employ someone, or forbid your children to do it.
    -Monta Crane

Very Nice!

(this is one I won't show my wife)

Thanks again everyone for the kind words. You all are very generous with your compliments.

Glenn: We're getting a podcast up and running at the church so you won't have to wonder much longer Or you could simply stop by - services tonight at 7 PM sharp.

Bill: Yea, component temp was on my mind while building this. We have an HD-DVR and it kicks off major heat. The person for whom I built this has a limited array of audio/video equipment. I'm hoping the six holes that I have in the back will do the trick. I might have to bore some holes in the bottom of the shelves and a couple vent holes in the bottom of the case for circulation. I'll play that by ear when I drop it off and do some tests. BTW, I was going to put a hidden eye for the remote in the sub-frame, but opted to go for a simple box instead. In the end I didn't want to mess with the lines and keep it as furniture like as possible. It's bad enough I had to put drawer slides on.

Really nice piece. excellent execution.

What a beautiful design and fine execution. It looks good from a distance and pulls you in to see details that you can admire up close.

Even if there's a really good movie on, I'd still be looking at the stand.
    Please consider becoming a contributing member of Sawmill Creek.
    The cost is minimal and the benefits are real. Donate

Beautiful!!! Great design. Thanks for sharing.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps