Thread: A few past projects I've done....

A few past projects I've done....

David
    Epilog Legend 24TT 40w and Epilog Legend 36EXT 75w Lasers, ShopBot PRT4848 CNC Router, Roland SP300V Wide Format Printer/Cutter, BabyLoc 6-needle Embroidery Machine, Mini Lathe and Mini Mill, DeWalt DW737 Planer, Joiner, CorelDRAW X4 & X5, CorelDRAWings X4 , PhotoGrav, VCarvePro v4.6, Cut3D, Rhino v3.0, Aspire v3, ZBrush 3.

David:
    Man...your workin those machines out, aren't you? All very nice creative work. Just goes to show, you have to have and USE the right tools to accomplish the task at hand. Congratulations on some beautiful work. (My personal favorite is the one with the big fish on it..wide format printed and cut I assume).
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

Larry,
    Thanks for the kind comments.

The 'Tackle Shop' sign is actually a 2-piece design I did. The fish was CNC routed from 1 1/2" thk signfoam and is actually 3- dimensional. I used a 3D model of the fish and Cut3D program fom Vectric (www.vectric.com) to generate the toolpaths used to machine it in the Shopbot router. The sign base is routed from 3/4" thk birch plywood and I used CorelDraw X3 to do the layout and VCarvePro to generate the toolpaths for it. VCarvePro is by Vectric also.

My wife airbrushed both pieces...I was astonished at how good she did... After she finished her part, I then glued the fish onto the base, making it 1 piece. A final coat of clear coating gave it some gloss and UV/weather protection.
    Here is the picture with the 2 together (unglued at this stage) for sizeup.

No printing or vinyl cutting on this one. I came up with this sign to use as a sample for customers to get a flavor for what we can do.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    David
    Epilog Legend 24TT 40w and Epilog Legend 36EXT 75w Lasers, ShopBot PRT4848 CNC Router, Roland SP300V Wide Format Printer/Cutter, BabyLoc 6-needle Embroidery Machine, Mini Lathe and Mini Mill, DeWalt DW737 Planer, Joiner, CorelDRAW X4 & X5, CorelDRAWings X4 , PhotoGrav, VCarvePro v4.6, Cut3D, Rhino v3.0, Aspire v3, ZBrush 3.

Okay pack it in David, you're starting to impress me a bit too much here, starting to feel inadequate
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

Wow! All I can say..she did a great job on the painting! The CNC work is good too for sure.
    Epilog Legend EXT36-40watt, Corel X4, Canon iPF8000 44" printer,Photoshop CS6, Ioline plotter, Hotronix Swinger Heat Press, Ricoh GX e3300 Sublimation

Larry..thanks.

Frank...packing it up ...and thanks too!
    David

Sorry David - 'pack it in' is an English expression for 'stop doing that' or 'enough now'
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

Hey Frank...nothing to be sorry about. I caught the humor....loved it!
    David

Holy Moly... It's just impossible to pick a favorite and even harder to imagine doing what you've done. Those cabinet doors - stunning. A guy could hang his shingle and just do those.

It's ALL incredible!

Tom

Very imressive work! Tell your wife I'm in tremendous awe of her talent with an airbrush.
    Vicky
    "If at first you don't succeed, skydiving isn't for you." ~Zen Sarcasm
    The Toys:
    LaserPro Explorer 30W (with all the goodies)
    New Hermes Vanguard 3400
    New Hermes pantograph
    Really, really old heat press, with nothing to press now that my toner cartridge is RIP.

Thanks for posting the great photos! I love seeing all the great stuff you pros turn out.

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra