Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Midwest Creeker gathering

Midwest Creeker gathering

Having finally found something to add to John Miliunas's killing spree arsenal, we are now working on a get together somewhere between the Cities and Spring Creek...whatever or where ever that is....
    John has mentioned that maybe he can get Karl to ride shotgun (sorry) and we will meet somewhere half way between us.
    I'd be glad to have someone tag along with me (Tyler expect a email soon) and maybe we can get a little gathering at some restaurant and chat for a bit.
    Maybe John can throw some possible dates out and we can see who all would like to make it?
    Be nice if it was a bit warmer though...

John has said the end of this month or early May would be nice, not sure why but he says Mothers Day is a no-go.

We'll work on a date as we go, but would welcome anybody who wants to join us.
    Besides I think we can get John to buy lunch for us all....he hasn't said quite that, but I'm sure he'd be jumping at the chance...

Maybe jumping isn't quite the right word....

Anyway, if anybodies interested, please contact John or myself.

Al
    Remember our vets, they need our help, just like they helped us.

Al,

I would love to join you, John, Karl, Tyler and whoever else wants to join in when you get together. Better yet, you can meet at my place. I can show you around my shop , just don't expect it to be too clean!!

Eau Claire is about halfway between you and John. I am 5 miles off of I-94 at exit 68.

My wife thought this is a great idea and is willing to prepare a meal for us. I could even be talked into firing up the grill and "burning" some meat.

Joe

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    I don't know. Last time I hung out with that Packer backer bunch I laughed so hard, about wet myself http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=35196
    It was this time of year too.
    Let's find a date, this could be an annual event .
    Last edited by Tyler Howell; 04-10-2007 at 10:03 AM.
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

OK, sounds like John gets out of the steak and lobster feast and Joe gets the horror...er....honors..

Actually I was thinking a resturant would be the easiest for all, but a
    meet at Joe's would work, especially if you don't mind feeding the herd, lets see how many we get and go from there.
    I'm betting some of us can bring something too if we meet at Joe's.

Eau Claire sounds fine considering its in Wisconnsin..

Anybody else maybe interested?

Al

Guys.........I just bought and paid for 12 airline tickets to Illinois. I've got a trip to Houston in June and I'm checking on airline tickets southern Illinois for the LOML and I to attend my 40th HS reunion in September. I wish I could afford to make one more trip this year but ........from a '60s formerly long haired rocker.........I'm all tripped out!

I'll be thinking about you! My blood pressure will be up and......I'll be GREEN with envy!
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 04-10-2007 at 9:28 AM.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

First I've seen this thread. Spring hasn't contacted me YET!!!! That's OK! I'm ready, willing and able where ever the winds may blow.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Fitzgerald
    Guys.........I just bought and paid for 12 airline tickets to Illinois. I've got a trip to Houston in June and I'm checking on airline tickets southern Illinois for the LOML and I to attend my 40th HS reunion in September. I wish I could afford to make one more trip this year but ........from a '60s formerly long haired rocker.........I'm all tripped out!

I'll be thinking about you! My bud pressure will be up and......I'll be GREEN with envy!
    WHOA! there Bud. 12 tickets for you and LOML to go to Illisnoise? Why would you want to go there 6 times? And not visit us wonderful folks to the north?

Well, when you get there, take a moment and listen. Did you hear that POP? Tune your nostrils into that wonderful aroma. YEP! That was an OS that you heard and can smell, but it'll be up here in Wisconsin and I'll be drinking it.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Karl Laustrup

WHOA! there Bud. 12 tickets for you and LOML to go to Illisnoise?
    Well, when you get there, take a moment and listen. Did you hear that POP? Tune your nostrils into that wonderful aroma. YEP! That was an OS that you heard and can smell, but it'll be up here in Wisconsin and I'll be drinking it.

Karl
    Karl....I made the mistake of pointing out to the LOML that both of our mothers are still alive...we now have two great grandchildren...and 5 generation photos are rare.......so...our oldest son and daughter and spouses....our two granddaughters and spouses....the two great grandkids....and the two of us......Weekend of July 29th...in Illinois.....5 generation family photos on both sides of our family......and

BTW Karl.....I don't like Orange Soda....
    Last edited by Ken Fitzgerald; 04-10-2007 at 9:36 AM.
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Creeker Visit!

Hi Everyone,

Is this gathering strictly for the woodworkers...or would you allow laser engravers to attend? My husband and I would love to meet you folks. (Ron is a fantastic woodworker that makes so much of what I laser...)Let's see...I would be happy to bring food, beverages... Let us know and we will be there with bells on, cheese in hand, and of course our Packers/Bears/Vikings gear on!!

Have a great day!
    Ron & Phyllis Meyer (Antigo, Wisconsin)

Quote Originally Posted by Phyllis Meyer
    Hi Everyone,

Is this gathering strictly for the woodworkers...or would you allow laser engravers to attend? My husband and I would love to meet you folks. (Ron is a fantastic woodworker that makes so much of what I laser...)Let's see...I would be happy to bring food, beverages... Let us know and we will be there with bells on, cheese in hand, and of course our Packers/Bears/Vikings gear on!!

Have a great day!
    Ron & Phyllis Meyer (Antigo, Wisconsin)
    I don't know Starwars stuff ............OK.
    Love to meet you Phyllis & Ron but watch out.
    Somebody might show up with Thongs or underwear or something for everybody to wear
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

Ken, hand the little women the camera, tickets, and wish her well.....then run for your life, if your fast enough you'll be able to make the gathering before the beatings start...
    5 generations huh....whoa!

Phyllis I can't see why ya couldn't come, throw a little sawdust on ya, maybe a band aid or two, and you'll fit right in...its the thought that counts.

John...you keeping track of all this??, you are in charge btw....

Dear Tyler,

Starwars...(our first baby was named "Jedi"...dog, the next two were named Kristina and Lyndsey...although Chewbakka and C-3-P.O. were high on the list ) Thongs...I'll laser engrave some for you all to wear...will not be responsible for the splinters... (yikes I better up our liability policy) I'm already trying to decide what to bring for food...I'm Italian (and my Mama taught me how to cook...I wonder if I can laser lasagna)?????

Phyllis

Just wondering if we shouldn't start trying to nail down a date for the grathering?
    John, I think you wanted end of this month or beginning of next?
    I have to work Saturday May 5th, but looks pretty clear other wise.
    Anybody else??

Al

I am open the next 4 weekends.

Joe

I'm free weekends of 13,27 & May 11
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

Did I hear that John is buying? I'm in. Keep me in the loop.
    Those who sense the winds of change should build windmills, not windbreaks.

Dave Wilson