Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Mobile Base for Sawstop?

Cool

TD,
    Thanks for posting the diagram and picture. I was planning to add some casters to the extension on my base after I add the router table. Your picture and diagram will help a lot. I'm installing an Incra TS LS 32" WonderFence Package on my SawStop so I'm sure that the base I have will work for now. The router table won't be added for a while. I need to recover from the SawStop purchase etc. before I buy any more tools. The LOML has been very supportive, but she does have a limit. The other night I was on the computer and her exact words were, "You aren't buying any more tools, are you?" She wasn't too pleased when she got the bill for the fence because it was supposed to be for just a table saw fence without the WonderFence added. I decided to get the whole package now rather that later. It's a little cheaper in the "long run", but it's about double the price she was expecting.
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps

2. Quote Originally Posted by Don Bullock View Post
    TD,
    Thanks for posting the diagram and picture. I was planning to add some casters to the extension on my base after I add the router table. Your picture and diagram will help a lot. I'm installing an Incra TS LS 32" WonderFence Package on my SawStop so I'm sure that the base I have will work for now. The router table won't be added for a while. I need to recover from the SawStop purchase etc. before I buy any more tools. The LOML has been very supportive, but she does have a limit. The other night I was on the computer and her exact words were, "You aren't buying any more tools, are you?" She wasn't too pleased when she got the bill for the fence because it was supposed to be for just a table saw fence without the WonderFence added. I decided to get the whole package now rather that later. It's a little cheaper in the "long run", but it's about double the price she was expecting.
    you could have saved $5000 and made a pushstick instead, then the LOML would have been very happy.

Quote Originally Posted by Spencer Keysan View Post
    you could have saved $5000 and made a pushstick instead, then the LOML would have been very happy.
    Spencer - Enough about the pushsticks already!! Paaaalllleeeeeezzzzze.
    Regards,

Glen

Woodworking: It's a joinery.

This is probably a good time to point out one of the great features of the vBulletin software. Via the User Control Panel (UserCP) there is a feature to 'Ignore User'. If you haven't already, I'd encourage all to investigate this option. In four years at the creek, this is the first time I have felt compelled to use this feature.

5. Isnt it kind of unsafe to roll the saw over the power chords on the shop floor? As shown in the picture. The extra weight and girth of the expensive push stick surely is not going to help that situation. Maybe thats why sawstop, with their emphasis on safety, have not provided a rolling stand.

6. Give up

Since when did Sawmill Creek allow toddlers on the website. I would please ask the moderators to get rid of the child throwing a temper tantrum over push sticks. Once or twice is OK but this is 6th or 7th time I have see these post from this guy on different threads.

Quote Originally Posted by Lars Thomas View Post
    Via the User Control Panel (UserCP) there is a feature to 'Ignore User'.
    You can also select the user link from the post and select the "View Public Profile". In the blue bar below the user name are the selections "Add <user> to Your Buddy List" and "Add <user> to Your Ignore List".

After doing so and clicking the browser Back button appropriately, you'll have to refresh to show the effects.

Quote Originally Posted by Thane Duncan View Post
    Tim and folks,

The first base I was sold was the General, it will work with the 5 hp and the 52 inch fence but it does not extend long enough. You can however move the legs inboard and therefore use the General base. But I wanted the mobile base to be full length. I sent it back to Woodcraft. Then I recieved the HTC base. It was adapted to work with the 30 inch tables and the extended base was flimsy. I wrote HTC and complained and the engineer wrote back so I sent diagrams and detailed what I thought was wrong. The table was too heavy for a nonsupported extension. I sent it back and they sent the new base a couple of weeks later. I only kept the old base two days. I suspect I have one of the first new bases sent out.

I have the diagram. I hope my attachment worked. It is much improved. I have written the engineers with some other suggestions. BTW I don't work for them or in the industry. If I had the old one and had possessed it awhile I would add brackets and casters to the far end. Tractor Supply sells ones which are heavy duty and small. I am going down to try it out now. Will post and let you know and answer any other questions in a couple of hours. Thane
    I know I'm resurrecting an old thread but I presently have the General base with the extension. I'm trying to figure if I can keep this base for when I receive my SawStop(36" rails) -it presently supports my General cab saw that Ill be selling. Just not sure if I have to sell the base also.
    Looking at various photos I think it should be OK but would like to be sure.
    This link gives dimensions of the base.
    http://www.general.ca/pagemach/acces...ext/50030.html

Well, I did something different and put my SS on a General Hoverpad. When "down" it is imoveable. When aired up it is easily manuevered in all directions. Not a cheap way to go at 269 but I wanted to be able to move it sideways. Balance as to where the saw sits on the HP is very important and purely trial and error.The HP's have a HDPP type material the saw sits on but there is too much flex or it to work well (it would be ok on something with a flat bottom). I put 3/4 ply on the Hoverpad and then put a "fence" of 3/4 stock around the base to keep it in position. I had to do the same on the HP under my Jet 18" BS and the two small HP's under the PJ882.

Chuck, that sounds interesting. Do yu have some pictures that you can post?
    Don Bullock
    Woebgon Bassets
    AKC Championss

The man who makes no mistakes does not usually make anything.
    -- Edward John Phelps