Thread: Delta T2 fence

Delta T2 fence

What is the quality of the Delta T2 fence? I'm thinking of getting one and need some input.

Thanks!

Near Sandusky,Ohio.....Cedar Point ....Roller Coster Capitol Of The World
    I really like mine depends how much you want to spend I couldn't afford a Biesemeyer so I think the T-2 will do me fine

I got mine for the Amazon $126 deal, and it seems like a lot of fence for the money! So far it's been a joy to use on my older Craftsman contractor saw.

Makes the old fence look like junk. Oh yeah, that's right -- it was junk.

At the price you pay for the T2 at Lowe's, I don't think you can get a better fence. I had one for the contractor saw I had for the last 3 years, and really liked it. I picked up a Unifence and have used it for the last 3 weeks . . . it's okay. I'm putting on my Incra TSLS this weekend.

I think you'll be very happy with the T2.
    Last edited by Homer Faucett; 04-12-2007 at 8:04 PM.

Steve;
    My new Delta Hybrid came with the T2 so I watched it carefully for awhile to see if I might want to up-grade - as of now the answer is no, this is a fine fence and I can't see the need to up grade.

I found the fence lock handle to be annoying because it would flop down and prevent free movement of the fence - so I pulled out the bolt and put in a fiber washer. Now it stays in the up position until I am ready to lock the fence.

I use the fence to the right of the blade and it is adjusted perfectly. However, last weekend I needed to use it on the left of the blade and noticed that it was not parallel to the blade. Frankly, with the way it adjusts for parallel (at the rail), I don't know that it will ever be parallel on both sides of the blade unless I actually shim the fence for a left mount and use the standard rail adjustment for a right mount (the left and right sides of the fence are removable so you can shim one side or the other) - anyway, this it is not an issue for me. You can down-load the instruction manual from the Delta site - look it over carefully to see if it seems to meet your needs before you purchase one.

Ray
    Semper Fi

Delta T-2 fence

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Bersch View Post
    Steve;
    My new Delta Hybrid came with the T2 so I watched it carefully for awhile to see if I might want to up-grade - as of now the answer is no, this is a fine fence and I can't see the need to up grade.

I found the fence lock handle to be annoying because it would flop down and prevent free movement of the fence - so I pulled out the bolt and put in a fiber washer. Now it stays in the up position until I am ready to lock the fence.

I use the fence to the right of the blade and it is adjusted perfectly. However, last weekend I needed to use it on the left of the blade and noticed that it was not parallel to the blade. Frankly, with the way it adjusts for parallel (at the rail), I don't know that it will ever be parallel on both sides of the blade unless I actually shim the fence for a left mount and use the standard rail adjustment for a right mount (the left and right sides of the fence are removable so you can shim one side or the other) - anyway, this it is not an issue for me. You can down-load the instruction manual from the Delta site - look it over carefully to see if it seems to meet your needs before you purchase one.

Ray
    Ray. I also have the Delta T-2 30" fence and rails on my saw...really like it! Like you, I was annoyed that the fence lock handle would just flop down and you would have to hold it up to move the fence...well, I fixed that little problem as well, no work to it...I picked up a small rare earth magnet ( about the size of a dime) and stuck it on the lock lever, it stays put no matter where the handle is up or down and it is strong enough to stay put and I don't worry about it falling off. Jim Heffner

Actually, Jim, I thought of the magnet idea - but I did not have one handy and wanted to get on with my day so I found the fiber washer and stuck it in and made a mental note to myself to put a magnet in when I get one - so much for my mentality, I forgot about it until you mentioned it! And I guess that is because the washer worked - however, eventually it will wear down for sure so I had better look for some rare earth magnets. Thanks.
    Semper Fi

Delta T-2 Fence

Steve- I had the T-2 on my Delta Hybrid before moving to a Unisaw. The T-2 is a well executed T-Square fence, a great value. Once dialed in, I never had to adjust it. I only used it to the right of the blade, so I never checked for parallel on the right side, but I suspect many T-Square fences would require shimming to get both sides parallel. I've got the Unifence now, but definitely recommend the T-2.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray Bersch View Post
    Steve;
    You can down-load the instruction manual from the Delta site - look it over carefully to see if it seems to meet your needs before you purchase one.

Ray

Could you be more specific? Where can you find the manual on the Delta site?

- TIA