Thread: Lumber is Sacramento?

Lumber is Sacramento?

Does anyone know of a good lumber yard or sawmill near Sacramento CA. where I can get 5/4 (6" wide) western red cedar. Clear and tight knot. I need a lot of it (2000 +/- lf or more) for making outdoor furniture. Doesnt have to be right in Sacramento, within a days drive would be ok.

Thanks

2. Gahnal Lumber

I'm guessing you've tried Hughes, Aura and Higgins already. I've never sought out cedar before, but there are a few places up in Auburn that a few club members have talked about - Might check the yeller pages for up there.

If you'd said Redwood, I'd mention the Redwood lumber yard in west sac, off W. Capital, but you didn't mention redwood :P

There's also Sierra Lumber up on Auburn Blvd, but I've never been there.

Now that I think about it, I'm probably not much more help than flipping through the Yellow Pages.

If you do find something, I'd be interested to know, though!
    Jason Beam
    Sacramento, CA

beamerweb.com

Jeff i would contact Berco Redwood, I think is one of the names that comes to mind. Also I think you might be pleasantly surprised about Hills Flat Lumber, out of Auburn and or Truckee Tahoe Lumber. All within a couple hours at least. Quality Western Red Cedar is in tight supply right now so you might have to hit a couple of places.

Good Luck