Thread: Are the Infinity saw blades any good?

Are the Infinity saw blades any good?

I was thinking of buying new rip and combo blades and was wondering if Infinity saw blades are any good. I have the Dadonator and really like it so I was wondering if their other blades were as good. Anyone own these blades?

http://www.infinitytools.com/prodinf...mber=00%2DSBP6

Thanks,
    Rick
    There are two theories to arguing with a woman... neither works.

They look like they are better than any blade I own or use.

Hey Rick. I have 2 of the super generals and one 24 tooth ripper. I recently ordered a second ripper and the new design was not nearly the blade that the original one was. I called them on it and they promptly sent out another but it was the same. They now have both of them back with samples to boot and are working on getting me an answer of some sort. The blades left saw marks more than normal and it just wasn't useful to me that way.

By the way their customer service can't be beat. They will talk directly to you about the problems they might have and will work with you in any way to correct the issues. Great people to do business with.
    Just keep working on it. It'll give up and do right after a while.

I have ther rip blade and it works very well. I also have the Dadonator and like it better than my old Freud. Good luck, John.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Hager View Post
    Hey Rick. I have 2 of the super generals and one 24 tooth ripper. I recently ordered a second ripper and the new design was not nearly the blade that the original one was. I called them on it and they promptly sent out another but it was the same. They now have both of them back with samples to boot and are working on getting me an answer of some sort. The blades left saw marks more than normal and it just wasn't useful to me that way.

By the way their customer service can't be beat. They will talk directly to you about the problems they might have and will work with you in any way to correct the issues. Great people to do business with.
    Jim
    Please let us know the outcome. I have been seriously thinking about purchasing their blades. I had a terrible problem with tear out on some maple I was routing (using someone elses bit) . I talked to Infinity and they recommended the router bit that worked perfect. I actually produced paper thin shavings. I'm sold on their router bits and like I said was thinking about buying a couple of blades. So please let us know how this all turned out.
    Ed
    Ed

I also have the rip blade (thin kerf). I am well pleased with the cut.
    Bill

I have 4 or 5 of their blades and have been very happy with them. Smooth, easy cuts and if you buy them when they have one of their frequent sales you can't beat 'em.

Bruce

Infinity believer

I have used both the ripper and the combo blade with good success. Have had them for about two years, so unsure of the earlier comment on any change made to the ripper, but I really do like them for the price and would recommend them.

Any of their cutters and blades that I've seen appear to be top notch. I've used the ComboMax "Lite" (TK) for a few cuts, and think it's a very good blade. On sale they're a good buy IMO.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

10. New design?

Hey Jim, just wondering how you knew it was a new design. I've been using there ripper for about a year now and it's great. I only ask because about 6 months ago I bought another ripper and have not used it yet. Could you tell the difference just by looking at it?

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Hager View Post

Let us know when you find out the problem. Sounds like infinity blades are good but the change on the ripper is a problem. So I will hold off until I hear what they say about Jim's problem.
    Thanks everyone for all the help.

Rick

Infinity

This is the first I've heard of a 'problem' with our rip blades. We did receive back the blades Jim mentions and have NOT been able to reproduce the problems he suggests. We've sent Jim back the samples we cut with our rip blades and I thought the cuts were excellent. We even made some crosscuts with our rip blade and the finish was almost as good as what you get with our dedicated crosscut blades. We've even sent the blades back to the production facility for testing and I've seen the results, the rips are glue line quality. With hundreds of this ripping style blade in the field we would have heard long ago if they were anything but perfect.

Bottom line; I believe our blades are among the best in the business regardless of price. Our 8" Stacked Dado Set, the Dadonator, has won just about every top award possible and all of our blades are made to the same specification. If you try a blade and don’t agree, send it back for a full refund; it does not get much better than that.

Thank you,
    David Venditto
    Infinity Cutting Tools

Quote Originally Posted by David Venditto View Post
    This is the first I've heard of a 'problem' with our rip blades. We did receive back the blades Jim mentions and have NOT been able to reproduce the problems he suggests. We've sent Jim back the samples we cut with our rip blades and I thought the cuts were excellent. We even made some crosscuts with our rip blade and the finish was almost as good as what you get with our dedicated crosscut blades. We've even sent the blades back to the production facility for testing and I've seen the results, the rips are glue line quality. With hundreds of this ripping style blade in the field we would have heard long ago if they were anything but perfect.

Bottom line; I believe our blades are among the best in the business regardless of price. Our 8" Stacked Dado Set, the Dadonator, has won just about every top award possible and all of our blades are made to the same specification. If you try a blade and don’t agree, send it back for a full refund; it does not get much better than that.

Thank you,
    David Venditto
    Infinity Cutting Tools

David,
    Thanks for your response. I have the Dadonator and have been very pleased with it. That is why I was considering your saw blades. I think I will give them a try and see for myself. Thanks again for your response.

Rick