Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: OK : Tell me your New Years "Shop" Resolutions....Here are mine!

Spend time with the family as the kids will only be kids for a short while longer.

Spend time in the shop wisely and improve my skills as much as possible during each project.

And do like Glenn Clabo stated: Enjoy and be thankful for everyday...just in case it's the last one I get.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Nah,,,,Woodworkers live a long time! Dust and all!
    Happy New year
    Mark
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

I'm not normally a sentimental type, but my only resolution is to spoil my 2 girls (2 1/2 year old Valerie and #2 due in April) completely rotten. My shop time has became practically nonexistant since Valerie's arrival, but ya know.....I don't really mind that much.

I know that eventually I'll get to make some more dust.

Happy Holidays,

Ron

Ron ,
    Enjoy them...it is a breif season in a parents life. My daugther is 28 and my son 30...both wonderful and best of all they live here in Laguna..
    Happy New Year
    Mark
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"

1. Get the back well enough to get back in the shop at all.

2. Finish the drill press table (currently in a half-assembled state), build a lumber rack.

3. Get started on the set of bunk beds that I owe my 9 year-old step son.

4. Last but not least, continue getting my woodworking jollies by visiting here often!
    Sam/Atlanta

Talking shop? sshlop? I wish I had a shop!

I guess we all need our little resolutions for the shop...

that is,... if you have a shop..

I am not blessed with the types of shops I have seen here and so my resolutions are the following:

1. work on building some of the projects I have been thinking about.. they are only ideas until made real..

2. organize my tools.. I don't have many so that should be easy. hey dad, I think you have some of my tools,.. i know you use my architecture T square in your shop...

3. make a little more time so I can help my dad... dad, you need my help.. I noticed your workmanship isn't the same when I'm not around... maybe that could be just because you have waited so long to finish and you are impatient

that's it for my shopless resolutions.. I guess I can add one more.

4. help keep dad's shop clean! I know what this means to you dad's out there...

till next year...

hopefully I will have a shop of my own by then
    Last edited by Ryan Singer; 12-30-2003 at 1:58 AM. Reason: dad teaching me how to reply to threads...
    love makes life happen

Huntsville, AL (The Sun and Fun Capital of The South)
    The only New Years resolution I have is make it to 2005
    "If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride - and never quit, you'll be a winner. The price of victory is high - but so are the rewards" - - Coach Paul "Bear" Bryant
    Ken Salisbury Passed away on May 1st, 2008 and will forever be in our hearts.

I resolve not to give advice unless it is asked for, and if I have nothing nice to say to just Shut UP!

Resolution #1 Get that shop set up before Spring!

Resolution #2 Get more familiar with SMC's interface, photo up loading and get an avatar loaded.