The Tall Case Oak Clock
    The Dower Chest
    The Windsor Chair
    The Lowboy
    The Pier Table
    The Dining Table
    The Mission Style Desk
    The Gardner's Dry Sink

I love the clock...What are your thought's on this years projects?

chad

Question

hmm... the book shelf doesn't hold many books... the butterfly table needs a thicker base. I would definately keep the top thin because of it's function. the flower stand basically looks like one.. nothing too special about it though.. well, I wasn't so impressed with that chest... kinda made me go sour on good ol norm...

I think he's lost it actually... that folding screen is something else!!!
    love makes life happen

I like the Shaker bookcase (of course).
    Martin, Granbury, TX
    Student of the Shaker style

sorry Norm
    I feel bad because I don't mean to put him down.. Norm is a great inspiration to the many of us who need it. But this year Norm should do something spectacular to take us further into the past time we love

love makes life happen

It will be good to see these projects on the 'tube this coming year after essentially watching many of them in "slow motion" via the web-cam during the taping. The tall A&C clock is stunning! While I know that some folks won't do hand-stands over the screen, these have been becoming more popular lately with decorators and certainly have a place in many living situations where you need to divide space without permanency.

It looks like he's also focusing on some alternative finishing techniques on several projects...aging on the windsor chairs, fax marble on a table top and PA Dutch themes on the Dower Chest. While most of us may not want to do those things, learning about them isn't a horrible thing.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I like the Shaker book case, although it doesn't look that "shaker" to me. The history of the individual piece which he is copying is interesting.

Windsor chairs are almost miraculous in my book. They just don't look like they should look or work as well as they do. It will be interesting to see Norm's take on them.

The clock is pretty and I remember seeing him working on it through his website. Nothing else there really grabs me though. I wonder what new tools he'll have this year?
    Please consider becoming a contributing member of Sawmill Creek.
    The cost is minimal and the benefits are real. Donate