OK folks,
I've gotten an idea that the Trend Airshield is the preferred product so far. But I've gotten feedback on several forums that question it's durability. Several users have complained that the seal wears out, the plastic knobs crack, the face shield develops fissure cracks (without having an impact), and that the slightest of falls will crack the light plastic housing.

The consensus I hear is that these people actually LIKE the Trend Airshield. But they feel that for the price it should be designed much better.

As an mechanical engineer (and a machine designer at that), I take an instant dislike to an under-designed product. I understand that economics must come into play. But not at the expense of practical durability! Especially for a product that is rather expensive.

Add into this mix the fact that I'm not one of the world's most graceful of people (one of the reasons I have rubber mats all over my shop is to cushion a tool's fall!). I'd rather not pay $300 for something that looks like it came out of a supermarket gumball machine and will break when the inevitable happens. Cause it's not a matter of IF I drop it, just WHEN.

However, this is all conjecture on my part. I'd like to hear from those of you who have used the Trend Airshield for several years.

Bottom line it for me.
  • How is it holding up?
  • Do you feel that the design is deficient in any way?