Thread: OT: The Three Frogateers...

OT: The Three Frogateers...

Well, you've heard of the Three Muskateers? We this morning we had the "Three Frogateers" looking after their friend, Frogalina. (She's in her fourth summer with us--I guess we're officially adopted... ) Here's a picture of the fearsome (and sometime fearful) threesome as well as the old girl, herself. Seems folks like nature pictures!

three-frogateers.jpg

frogalina-april-2007.jpg

frogalina-eye.jpg

frog-patrol.jpg
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

That's a really nice family that's moved into your pond!

We hear a frog around here all the time, but never see him. I have a fake on on the pond waterfall hoping to attract him but no luck so far, Maybe they are not that dumb.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

I've got at least half a dozen frogs just singing up a storm as I'm typing this. Nice warm evening, and they're doing their best to attract the ladies.

It's so loud that I guess we'll be closing the bedroom windows tonight to keep the noise out.

'afore long, yer gonna have yerself a reglar "frog ranch"

"Beckers Pennsylvania Frog Ranch - come enjoy the hospitality and kiss our frogs. Visit us at SawsnDustnFrogs.com" (case your wonderin', i checked and the name is available )

You do know that bull frogs live for like up to 16 years, so Frogalina could still be around to see the youngsters graduate from high school

Seriously though, having frogs is one of those simple pleasant things you don't think about until it's not there anymore, like when you move near the city

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Schmid View Post
    'afore long, yer gonna have yerself a reglar "frog ranch"

"Beckers Pennsylvania Frog Ranch - come enjoy the hospitality and kiss our frogs. Visit us at SawsnDustnFrogs.com" (case your wonderin', i checked and the name is available )

Seriously though, having frogs is one of those simple pleasant things you don't think about until it's not there anymore, like when you move near the city
    Brad, you are so right. I live in a condo complex and about two years ago moved from the front of the complex, to the back. Up front I had the most wonderful frog chorus that would sing me to sleep every night. Made the assumption that I would have frogs at the back of the complex as well. Wrong! This year it sounds like I have two or three who have moved in. Maybe I could order some frogs from the Frog Ranch!

Jim, what's the going rate on frogs once you have surplus?

“Life is not so short but that there is always time enough for courtesy and chivalry.” —Ralph Waldo Emerson

Everybody knows what to do with the devil but them that has him. My Grandmother
    I had a guardian angel at one time, but my little devil got him drunk, tattooed, and left him penniless at a strip club. I have not had another angel assigned to me yet.
    I didn't change my mind, my mind changed me.
    Bella Terra

Quote Originally Posted by Brad Schmid View Post
    Visit us at SawsnDustnFrogs.com" (case your wonderin', i checked and the name is available )
    Probably no longer available, depending on where you checked...

Oh, Jim D...the nice thing about Green Frogs (and their Bronze variant) is that they make almost no noise. The females are silent and the males only make a reasonably soft croak sound when, um...advertising. The males are the only ones who yelp when startled as they jump into the water. That sounds almost like a bird chirp!
    Last edited by Jim Becker; 04-24-2007 at 6:10 PM.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...