Thread: A "GOOD" customer service report..........

1. A "GOOD" customer service report..........

.......yep, I'm making sure that "GOOD" customer service gets it's due.

I have been less than happy with my Woodcraft slow speed grinders performance, it vibrates.

The wheels are the culprits, I think, as no matter what I tried, I could not get them to run smooth, and I tired.....

I had the chance to try out a nice (NICE) Baldor grinder, same slow speed and boy it was EASY to grind on, man I was amazed. I made the comment that the Woodcraft grinder S-U-C-K-E-D in comparison, but the guy who had the Baldor told me that with just the wheels on the Baldor it was not so great either, (and the Baldor cost over $600 here in Japan, compared to about $150 for the WC grinder) so he bought the balancing kit from Oneway, that was the real reason why the grinder ran so smooth, according to him.

I decided that I would pony up the bucks, and get new wheels and the balancing kit, from Oneway.

I contacted Oneway, and soon Peter from Oneway was helping me out with the order, discussing which wheels, and such I needed for my grinder.

I double checked with him, before I finalized the order and the box was on it's way. Nice thing is they gave me a bunch of different options for shipping too, nice.

Well the box arrived today, only took 4 days to get here!!

I took the wheels out and I set up the balancer, read the instructions and balanced one wheel, it was straightforward, took all of 5 minutes. I was just about to do the second one, when I noticed the writing on the second wheel....... "3600 RPM MAX"..........

Aw man, they sent the wrong wheels!!

I contacted Peter, and in about three hours he replied, apologized profusely. They are sending out the right set, ASAP, and will reimburse me for the shipping back of the wrong set.

Now, I did not notice the mistake, until after I'd balanced one of the wheels, in which, you have to "mark" the wheels at 9. 12, and 3 o'clock on the wheel..........

high_speed_wheels_marked2.jpg
    .........whoops.......

Peter said to not worry, they would put it in the "Bargain Bin", and not to worry about it.

Now some may say, that they screwed up in the first place, well they did, and as I run my own business(es) I know, that no matter how hard you try, sometimes, things go sideways.......

What matters, to me anyway, is how the mistake is handled, and for this, Oneway gets TOP marks, from me.

They WILL get my business again.

Cheers!

Stu, how fast does your grinder go? I thought you said you had the slow speed grinder. Then you said "3600 max". I'm confused.

I have been hearing about that Oneway balancing system. Guess i'm gonna have to have one soon too. Can't keep my wheels from bouncing my tool.

I've ranted & raved about my wobbley WC grinder, tried everything
    except buying the balancing kit, changed the wheels to Norton, didn't
    help, finally bought a delta grinder & it was like night & day difference
    with using the same wheels from the WC. One question.."3600 Max"
    shouldn't this be ok for your WC slow speed grinder as it certainly doesn't
    exceed 3600 rpm?

4. Quote Originally Posted by Rich Stewart View Post
    Stu, how fast does your grinder go? I thought you said you had the slow speed grinder. Then you said "3600 max". I'm confused.

I have been hearing about that Oneway balancing system. Guess i'm gonna have to have one soon too. Can't keep my wheels from bouncing my tool.
    Rich, I'll report back when I get it all set up.

My grinder is a slow speed grinder, the 1750 rpm one.

Mike, Oneway has their wheels made for them, they use a different compound for slow speed and high speed grinders.

I found the grinder runs VERY smooth with no wheels on it, so if it still wobbles after the balancing kit and the new wheels are put on it, I'll change the bearings in it, they are from China, I can get the NTN made in Japan bearings for about $3 each.

If that does not solve it, I dunno what would

Cheers!

I'd like to add another thing to this conversation if I could. Stu you are right about Oneway, they are top notch. I have the Woodcraft Grinder and never had a balence problem. No vibration during operation. But I was not getting a good sharpening on my tools. What I discovered was that my wheels were out of round so my tools were bouncing on the wheel. I tried the standard wheel cleaning devices to no avail. Then I got the Diamond Tool from oneway which actually trues the "roundness" of the wheel and wow, what a difference.
    941.44 miles South of Steve Schlumph

TURN SAFE

Quote Originally Posted by Stu Ablett in Tokyo Japan View Post

Mike, Oneway has their wheels made for them, they use a different compound for slow speed and high speed grinders.
    That answers that! For some reason it still pis... ticks me off that
    manuf sell grinders that are not balanced, why should we have to
    pony up the price for a balancing kit! Yeah....i've said all this before .

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Burns View Post
    I'd like to add another thing to this conversation if I could. Stu you are right about Oneway, they are top notch. I have the Woodcraft Grinder and never had a balence problem. No vibration during operation. But I was not getting a good sharpening on my tools. What I discovered was that my wheels were out of round so my tools were bouncing on the wheel. I tried the standard wheel cleaning devices to no avail. Then I got the Diamond Tool from oneway which actually trues the "roundness" of the wheel and wow, what a difference.
    Keith, are you talking about the verticle bar thingy that fits in the
    wolverine system?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Ramsey View Post
    Keith, are you talking about the verticle bar thingy that fits in the
    wolverine system?
    Yes Mike thats it. Sorry I wasn't clear. Pricey but made all the difference.
    941.44 miles South of Steve Schlumph

TURN SAFE

Thanks Keith, I don't have that but....gonna have to try it!

10. Quote Originally Posted by Mike Ramsey View Post
    Thanks Keith, I don't have that but....gonna have to try it!
    Well, I'm going to have to try to make one