Thread: Julie Wright this bowl's for you.

Julie Wright this bowl's for you.

Julie

This piece of Maple was end coated with Anchorseal and laid on my shop floor under the bench for at least 8 months. It would have spalted further except the log split and began to dry and that stopped the process. I turned this yesterday it is sanded, Beall buffed and waxed. 7"diameter 3" tall.

Terry
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Terry Quiram; 12-31-2003 at 10:55 AM.

Yum!! That's a great one, Terry. Beautiful spalt and very nice shape.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

That is one Beautimis Bowl.. I like the way it spalted.. I guess I have to wait for Mother Nature to do her thing.

Terry, nice bowl.

What I really like is the composition of your photo. In the forfront, obviously, is what was a rough piece of wood, turned into something very nice and clean. In the background, pristine classic white traditional style cabinetry. Under the bowl, a section of log, rough bark and all, like just out of the woods. Finally, the bowl, balancing "on" the bark and being the "balance" between the rough bark and the clean cabinetry. Good lighting too.

Todd.

Todd

Thanks, you make it sound a whole lot better than it really is. Took the pic this morning outside in front of the shop. You are seeing the overhead door in the background. Bowl is resting on the log pile (Ash, future bowl). Finally getting the hang of my new digital (since fathers' day) camera. I used the portrait setting for this shot.

Terry