Thread: Grizlly Lathe Arrived

Grizlly Lathe Arrived

My Grizzly G0462 arrived and I got it all put together with the help of two neighborhood buddies. Everything looks good but the left side of the motor is tilted downwards about 3/8" to 1/2". None of the pics in the manual or the website indicate this is normal. Surely if the motor is tilted the pully inside will be too. I looked for an adjustment but there isn't one. Kind of disappointing.

G0462

Check the three bolts holding the motor mount to the lathe. I Believe the holes are oversized allowing for some adjustment.

I tried that, the motor bracket is on so crooked that I can't even remove the cover to get to them. I called Grizzly tech support and they admitted it wasn't right. They agreed to replace the whole lathe unit (headstock and motor) and pay for the shipping both ways. Now that's customer service :-) I was expecting a hassle.

4. Sounds like it got bumped along the way.

Good to hear they are replacing the whole thing.

Sucks you got to wait

Cheers!

Steve glad to hear it is being taken care of. All the dealings I have had with Grizzly have been excellent. Their customer service has been geat. The head of Grizzly is a member of SMC and I have e-mailed him directly to ask about things. It's the pits to wait but nice they are taking care of you.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Quote Originally Posted by Bernie Weishapl View Post
    Steve glad to hear it is being taken care of. All the dealings I have had with Grizzly have been excellent. Their customer service has been geat. The head of Grizzly is a member of SMC and I have e-mailed him directly to ask about things. It's the pits to wait but nice they are taking care of you.
    It is a bummer I have to wait, but worse was getting the unit packaged and ready to ship since there was no packaging specifically for that one piece, and it is very heavy. I finally found a box and cut up some of the styrofoam from the original shipment so I think I've got it packaged well now. Grizzly told me to ship it UPS so I'm going there tomorrow morning. I sure hope this thing weigh under 70 pounds.

UPS will ship over 70 pounds. Not very well publicised but they ship up to 150 pounds.

CPeterhttp://www.ups.com/content/us/en/res...s+for+Packages

Why not use the packing that they are shipping the new one in. I have a new headstock on the way from Palmgren and they told me to use the packing that they are sending the new one in. When I had it ready just call them and they would send UPS to pick it up.

Apparently, they aren't sending the new one out until they receive the old one.

Unhappy

My replacement headstock arrived today. I went to UPS freight to pick it up and when I picked up the wood crate it was packaged in, the unit fell out of the bottom. The crate was beat up, boards on the bottom were broken and the packaging was torn up. I refused shipment. This is the same freight company that delivered my 1023SLX last Friday and the rail tube had a huge dent. One of these days I hope to use these cool tools.

I'm disappointed but will remain patient.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Jensen View Post
    My replacement headstock arrived today. I went to UPS freight to pick it up and when I picked up the wood crate it was packaged in, the unit fell out of the bottom. The crate was beat up, boards on the bottom were broken and the packaging was torn up. I refused shipment. This is the same freight company that delivered my 1023SLX last Friday and the rail tube had a huge dent. One of these days I hope to use these cool tools.

I'm disappointed but will remain patient.
    What a bummer! Sorry you're having such terrible luck! I was having similar trouble with chainsaws but it turned around soon enough.. I commend your patience!

DOHHHH, sorry to hear of your loss again! Someone at UPS should be alerted and made to pay for the shipping at their end instead of Grizzley or you. BOD SHIPPING, NO BONE!!!!!
    Be a mentor, it's so much more fun throwing someone else into the vortex, than swirling it alone!

Thanks Patrick, but it looks like I will have to be "really patient".

Grizzly called today and said the headstock unit for my lathe were on backorder now. Estimated arrival time is mid-June.

This too will pass

Tyler, my understanding from Grizzly is that they will have to eat the shipping. I'm sure they have some arrangement with the freight companies when it comes to these situations.

Talking Grizzly is Great!

The Grizzly parts manager contacted me Monday with shipping information for both the front rail tube and lathe headstock unit. I picked up both packages from UPS freight tonight. Both pieces were packaged better than I ever imaged and they arrived in absolutely perfect condition. I got the headstock unit put on tonight and everything lines up great. I'll finish getting the table saw put together this weekend and post some long overdue gloats next week.

I can't emphasize enough how great Grizzly has been and I won't hesitate for a second to purchase Grizzly products again.