Thread: Shed plans / books?

Shed plans / books?

Hi all,

Its been a long time since I was here on the creek and I have surely missed it. I have moved from Ohio to sunny Arizona and am ready to get the woodworking tools unpacked. Since basements are few and far between in my area I need to build a shed. I am thinking about something around 16x20, possibly a little larger but not too much. I would like it to look similar to the house (meaning gabled roof and some windows). I can't wait to get going on it but I need to get a good set of plans OR a good design program that I can use to set things up. I will have to get permits from the city and HOA so a good set of plans should help things move a bit more smoothly.

So, if any of you have found good books, websites, or have used a good design program I would love to hear about it.

Thanks.

Here is a shed that i built from plans I picked up at Menards. It is 10x14, but can be very easily scaled upwards. I will see if I still have the plans, but I am afraid I may have trashed them.

A flute without holes, is not a flute. A donut without a hole, is a Danish.

Check your local Barnes & Noble or Books A Million stores. The building/house plans section of these places have a number of books with plans for sheds, barns and outbuildings that are not complex in nature. I have several in my shop library, but I am sitting at my desk at work, so don't have acces to them. I know I should be working, but the Creek was calling.
    Good luck and watch those fingers.