Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Creekers Weekend Accomplishments....pics

Al, I was not able to do any cleaning, I was assembling drawers and carcasses with the Domino all weekend. Had to really get into the groove and now its second nature with this new tool. After a few mishaps, Dominos fault of course, the drawers and cabs went together with ease and very fast. I like to spend the week making all my cuts for all the cabinets and drawers then spend a few days of just assembly. Not having tons of room for items laying around my shop this works easiest for me.

Everyone have a safe week...

I spent the weekend working my butt off. I started Friday night emptying out the previous home office and moving the computer and furniture to the basement. Then I ripped out the carpeting. Saturday I installed laminate flooring and moved the new work office furniture into the room. Sunday I rolled the mole hills in the lawn, changed the tractor oil, installed the mower deck and mowed the lawn. Then I changed the oil in both vehicles. I finished by replacing the rear brakes on LOML's car after investigating the grinding noise she forgot to tell me about for a few weeks .

Creekers Weekend Accomplishments....pics

30 Apr 2007
    Good Morning....well...it's almost lunch time now. I like Karl's idea of dating these things...so I borrowed his idea. Thanks Karl!!!

I did get around to finishing up the two arched end "brick stacks" for the kitchen table project this weekend. Thanks to Mark Cothren for lending me some of his bessey clamps as more clamps made the work go much faster as I was able to glue and clamp a single row of the arch at a time instead.

I also worked on 3 bowls, a 4th one was recently done, but I needed to apply the finish. Two bowls are going to the National Kidney Foundation to help raise funds for this worthy cause.
    I also went to church on Sunday...but didn't play this weekend as I wasn't scheduled.
    The last thing I did was to work with Joseph on roughing out/turning his first pecan bowl. He's been turning maple as it's soft as I knew it was time to expose him to turning something harder. He took the challenge...ya know, sure wish I had shop access to stuff like this when "I" was 12 years old.

So what did YOU do this weekend?

Best of weeks to you all.
    Last edited by Dennis Peacock; 04-30-2007 at 1:52 PM.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Talking

What I accomplished is I ruffed out a peacon bowl, and I am going to finish it today and I will post some pics when it's finished.
    Have wood, will turn!!

Did some cleaning Sat morning, then Tyler and I spent a very enjoyable day visiting fellow creekers in Wisconsin, got home and told the wife all about the wonderful time I had while she had to work during her birthday....then spent most of Sunday doing penitence for having such a great time, with out the wife being along.
    Especially on her birthday.
    Shebeast has no sense of humor on these things....

Sunday was gardening day with Beasty, I did enough to be forgiven about just about any mischief I could have gotten into...or so I thought, but the dinner I took her out to for finally stopped the beatings and all is well.....she WILL be coming along next time btw...

Did manage to do some routing on the door frames for the storage cabinet and long about 8:30 I was done, shut the garage down and called it a night.

Al
    Remember our vets, they need our help, just like they helped us.

Weekend Accomplishments

No real "WW'ing"... but did manage to get 95% of a new deck framed in. About 12' X 14'. Not bad for one Sunday for a one man crew... and that includes the BORG run to buy all the PT lumber for the project.
    Tonight is another BORG run for the recycled milk jug stuff... can't bring myself to call it lumber, wood or even boards. Does buying alot of "plastic" lumber consitute a gloat?
    I have a couple late night hockey games this week, so the deck project will keep me working from when I get home from work til the pucks drop (10 PM EST).
    One more thing... if you've ever hauled 16' PT 2 X 10's in a Toyota Tacoma, it's sure an adventure! Especially when hauling 14 of them along with a bunch of other PT lumber....

Greg

And for all the puck fans... LET'S GO RED WINGS!

BUSY weekend in the laser shop - turned out four major jobs and did some housecleaning/consolidating/organizing - I now have over $1K in orders in the car to be delivered!! We also got one more job about half-completed and samples for another job done. LOML went to Santa Fe on Saturday to work on the DC some more, and I FINALLY got back to the lathe late Sunday afternoon, turned one stopper (NO, no pictures as it's a mess), and have another one on the lathe in progress. The other stopper is going back on the lathe for sanding and refinishing--it's terrible.

Have a good week, everyone!

Nancy
    Nancy Laird
    Owner - D&N Specialties, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!
    Lasers - ULS M-20 (20W) & M-360 (40W), Corel X4 and X3
    SMC is user supported. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    O-Ded on creekers this weekend.
    Met Joel Ficke at the Minnesota WW Guild show Friday.
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=56713
    Beautiful work, nice guy. this picture does not do his work justic
    May have to sell my toyls the bar has been set even higher.

3 hours in the car with Al to the EAU gathering.
    http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=56998
    We were Jet propelled home after a heathy dosage of Bushs baked beans at Joe and Mabel's place .

Moved some big toyls into position for the trip north.
    Rearanged the empty shop space after I took out the tools.
    Productive!!
    Have a safe week
    TJH
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

About the only thing I accomplished over the weekend was installing my Super Gorilla! After borrowing a couple of neighbors to help hoist it onto the wall mount, I then hoisted a couple of Buds followed by a long, slow Beam on the rocks!!!

Check the time-lapse at: http://bbarnold.com/images/shop-ga/Gorilla.wmv

I'm so

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Bill Arnold
    NRA Life Member
    Member of Mensa
    Live every day like it's your last, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

Finally finished getting the drawers and pull-outs installed and adjusted. I had come up with a scheme for making the pull-outs height-adjustable, and it turned out to need some tweaking. OK, I twice had to abandon what I was doing and more or less completely re-engineer it, with the result that what should have taken a weekend or so ended up taking two months.

But it's done now, and the drawers all do their nice slide-in-and-out thing. Though I still need to install the false fronts and put in the mounting strips and slides for the toekick drawers I haven't built yet.

Also cleaned up my shop, which had turned into quite the disaster area, and got started building a table and fence for my drill press, which I'm going to need to drill the cup holes for the doors.

Quote Originally Posted by Al Willits View Post
    Did manage to do some routing on the door frames for the storage cabinet and long about 8:30 I was done, shut the garage down and called it a night.

Al
    Al, I thought you weren't going to do any more routing until you got Carol's book? Besides you know that router collet should be changed. And here I thought you were going to do everything the right way now.

Howdy Dennis. With as much of a good time that I had Saturday, I don't think anything could have made the weekend any better.

Sunday was goof off day. Watched the 'Dega race, well most of it. I did shut my eyes for a wee bit.

My mom comes back tonight from 5 weeks in Portland visiting my brother and his family. Now we'll be a family again.

Have a good week all. Will talk again on Friday, if not before.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Tyler Howell
    Then I bought one of these:
    BX24
    4 week delivery
    4WD
    60" plow blade
    54" mowing deck.
    loader, back hoe
    I like these kinda weekends .
    Be safe
    Tyler,

Sneaking in a stealth gloat?
    Did you think we would miss a Kubota tractor...

Shame on you

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    Tyler,

Shame on you

Git'em Keith....No Pics....never happened Tyler.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith Outten View Post
    Tyler,

Shame on you

He got you too!!!
    I posted pix and everything last week!!!
    What is Dennis up to

No more merging for you Dennis!!
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/