Thread: Easy edges

Easy edges

I knew it should be effortless to get sawmarks off the edges, now it is, Bridgewood, BW108 doing a fine job on door edges and any other narrow surface that will fit on the table. The table angled up to the fence end spreads more belt surface in contact with part to keep belt from clogging too fast, grit marks on edge are so fine they are easily sanded off in final hand sanding. Machines take place of workers in this time of iresponsible work-ethic most would-be employees seem to have aquired. Bobby
    Attached Images Attached Images

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains

Not fair!!

Bobby, between you and Terry’s new toy, I’m getting way jealous! If only I had the room.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

Whoa, what happened to that air driven edge smoother I saw on another post,

nice mod,

ace

Bruce, that milling machine you got in your shop makes me jealous, big time. I should have bought that Bridgeport I rebuilt years ago for a guy who shortly went out of business, at least I got paid for the work. A mill and a Tig welder is high on the shop maintenance equipment list. Bobby

Ace, I tried the plane on door edges one time and had to remake a door after I got done with the plane, musta been something I didn't remember to do. Didn't hold it square on that itty-bitty narrow edge. Take care, Bobby

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Quote Originally Posted by Bobby Hatfield
    Bruce, that milling machine you got in your shop makes me jealous, big time. I should have bought that Bridgeport I rebuilt years ago for a guy who shortly went out of business, at least I got paid for the work. A mill and a Tig welder is high on the shop maintenance equipment list. Bobby
    Bobby, they do come in handy.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I'll be getting one soon as I have the cash. I've been looking at them a lot lately. 6" x 108" seems to be a fairly popular size now. I'm looking at the:

6" x 132" Vega 2HP, $1,595, Wilke Machinery, and the

9" x 138¾" Powermatic 3HP, $3,599, Howard S. Twichell.

Doing some homework, I called Klingspor to get belt prices. The 9" belt costs just a few pennies LESS than the 6"! 50% more material, and it's cheaper. Who would have thunk it? Both are under $21 for a 120 grit alum. oxide, resin bonded, cloth backed belt.

Bobby,
    You could do it with that plane you had in the other picture...this is a lot more impressive and dustier!
    Mark
    "All great work starts with love .... then it is no longer work"