Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: What's wrong in these pictures?

In photo 3, it appears the Kreg jig isn't clamped to the work surface.
    In photo 1, it may be an optical illusion, but it looks like the sliding table would interfere with the bandsaw... Hmm.

-Mark
    Remember, in the next world you're on your own!

No adult beverages????

Gary K.

Quote Originally Posted by Glen Blanchard View Post
    How 'bout a hint?..
    OK, Glen. Here's one:

Bandsaw closeup.JPG

Cary

Ahhhh, the old jigsaw blade in the bandsaw trick. Someone guessed that it was a scroll saw blade. Close, but no cigar.
    Regards,

Glen

Woodworking: It's a joinery.

Is that an air driven palm sander with an electric cord hanging on it???

None of those tools will plug in here in the US. different plugs.

Your Kreg jig is not plugged in!!

And you have far too much money to spend on tools.
    Semper Fi

Festool circ saw is missing the green gizmo that helps give clean cuts (and/or missing the dust shroud). Kreg clamp not fully engaged/locked (should be pointing towards the piece but I thought it ends up horiz to table when clamped). Also, that doesn't look like a Kreg bit (mine isn't black). Your Jessem Mast-R-Slide is red. That means you didn't get it at Rockler--which means you paid more than you had to since one can buy it using the 25% off coupon that they have from time to time.

I'm still trying to find Waldo!!
    Dang, Skip beat me to it
    Been around power equipment all my life and can still count to twenty one nakey

In picture 3 - I have a hard time drilling pocket screw holes with a screw gun (driver)

• A Dynabrade sander doesn't need a power cord. (Oh, didn't see David's posting until I finished mine)
    • The speed control on the One-way is pointing the same direction as the tool rest--backward
    • Actually, #9 is not necessarily incorrect because some bandsaws come with built-in welders.
    • The spiral cutter in the router is backward for thre rotation of the router.
    • This is meaningless because we don't know what the power cord is supposed to be for, but it is nevertheless a 240 volt plug draped over the table, implying it is from the drill.
    • Even though the vac hose to your ATF 55E is the wrong size, no one can fault you for that because it did not have a very good port on it to begin with, and your hose probably works better than the standard 27mm. If this was the newer TS55, then this would have been more obvious.
    • Can't tell what the tool is, but you left the door open on the General International tool behind the tablesaw.
    Last edited by Rick Christopherson; 05-08-2007 at 12:38 AM.

Couple more guesses-
    I don't have a mft but to make that cut I would need to have a support stock under the guide rail
    Is that an 1/2 inch collet lying around a 1400

Blog Entries
    Do you really want a saw groove in your nice dust collection table when you make the cut with your Festool Circ Saw (presuming a thru cut)?

Time to wrap this up. Here's the complete list of things wrong (as I intended, anyway), including #1-#10 identified previously and one (#15) that no one noticed:

#1 Digital clamp. (Mike Langford)
    #2 Mitre on TS will be cut by blade. (Gary Keedwell)
    #3 Blade on bandsaw is a backward, upside-down jigsaw blade. (Gary Keedwell & Gary Herrmann)
    #4 Tool rest set up on wrong side of lathe (Gary Keedwell)
    #5 Circular saw blade backward. (Ken Fitzgerald)
    #6 Drill bit upside down. (Ken Fitzgerald)
    #7 About to cut off the end of the aluminum fence with portable circular saw. (Ken Mihinch)
    #8 Pocket hole setup wrong. (Ken Mihinch)
    #9 Cannot cut circles on bandsaw without entry point. (Bill Lewis)
    #10 Hoses on Dust Deputy reversed. (Mark Ebert)
    #11 Pneumatic (Dynabrade) ROS doesn't have a power cord. (Dave Sabo)
    #12 Drill is 120 volt, but has plug for 240 volts, 20 amps. (Tim Wagner)
    #13 Flutes on spiral router bit twist in the wrong direction. (Rick Christopherson)
    #14 Festool OF 1000 router does not take a 1/2" collet. (Max Pierce)
    #15 Riving knife on TS is postioned too high. (Nobody)

RE #15: The top of the riving knife is above the top of the blade. To permit non-through cuts, riving knives should be positioned so the top is no higher than the top of the blade. I thought other Sawstop owners would certainly notice this, because the knife can only be installed in a single positon (once the saw has been set up). I had to use a little wooden wedge to hold the knive in the position shown in the pic.

Some comments follow.

Gary Herrmann: I think you deserve co-winner status with your observation that blade in the bandsaw is not a band saw blade, even though you thought it was a scroll saw blade, where in fact it was a jig saw blade.

Jim Chilenski: I already sanded that part of the board.

Ray Bersch: The Kreg jig is plugged in. You just can't see the cord clearly.

Art Mulder: I have the Mark I Kreg jig. It was handed down from my grandfather to my father, then to me. No dust port.

Justin McCurdy: I understand those things you mentioned were changed in Kreg's Mark II model.

Glen Blanchard: It's hard to tell in the pic, but the blade is high enough.

Bert Johansen: I wasn't sure what you suggested was true, so I ask my wife to release that clamp, and nothing happened.

Rick Christopherson: 1. Yes, it's a Dynabrade ROS. But according to the official rules... 2. Yes, the speed control is rotated around, but still perfectly functional whichever side you're on. 3. Good point about the welder, except why would you want to use a welder on a jigsaw blade? 4. I was beginning to think no one would notice that the flutes on the spiral router bit were backwards. Congratulations! I bought that (Whiteside) bit for a mortiser on a combo machine, whose spindle turned in the direction opposite to that of a router. 5. Good eye, but Tim Wagner reported the problem plug two hours and four minutes earlier. Rules are rules. 6. Maybe it's time for an upgrade. 7. That's a GI 6"x89" edge belt sander, an extremely useful tool that I use all the time. I just went down to the shop and closed that door.

Mark Ebert: Kreg jig is clamped down fine, bandsaw just moved over by the TS to be in the pic.

Gary Keedwell: A place for everything and everything in its place.
    Bottles_1.jpg

Dave Sabo: It's a ROS, but that's close enough. I don't mean to be insulting, but this is the "really easy one" I spoke of.

Tim Wagner: Yes, but I'm in Canada. Also, it is a North American plug (for 240 volts, 20 amps). And you said "none of those tools will plug in...", yet one of the stationery tools in the background has that same plug. So, do you get credit? I thought long and hard about that. I feel generous today. I'll give it to you.

Rob Blaustein: My discontinued, completely out-of-date ATF 55 circ saw doesn't have a gizmo of any color, nor a dust shroud. Definitely time for an upgrade. My Mark I Kreg jig clamps as shown. Not a Kreg bit, but the same size, and cuts just as well when chucked upside down. How do you know that I didn't buy the Rock-R-Slide and paint it red?

Mark Page: Waldo is under the table. I was sure somebody would recognize his finger.

Max Pierce: Actually, that's a 20-year-old corded drill, much better for drilling pocket holes than a cordless. No support is required here. Yes, that's a 1/2" collet, as you can see when comparing it to the 20mm (about 3/4") dog holes. It is from the Festool OF 1400, but the point is--and I'm sure this is what you were implying--the OF 1000 router shown does not take a 1/2" collet. (Nor does the current model, the OF 1100.) Very good.

Ole Anderson: It's a lot more convenient to cut grooves than to always put a sacrificial piece under.

Thanks to all for participating.

Cary
    Last edited by Cary Swoveland; 05-08-2007 at 8:51 PM.

This is a minor issue but there is NO Gary Randall....It is Gary Keedwell