Thread: Best price on Powermatic 3520b

Thumbs up Best price on Powermatic 3520b

I bought the Powermatic 3520b and its going to be delivered this friday.

That lathe lists for $3209.99 and when on sale with the discount it came to $2595.00 but i went to TOOLNUT and they beat that price it came to $2570.00 that was only minutes from my house. Cant beat that.
    Start square and you will finish square

Congratulations! I've been looking at the larger lathes, but I'm not sure how delivery works. Do they bring it to your door and you get it inside? Is it movable by one or two people or do you have special equipment to move it?

Congratulations Roy. I did the same thing you did. Shop around and then call the ToolNut.

Patrick, when I took delivery of my 3520 it was supposed to arrive via lift gate. Imagine my surprise when an 18 wheeler showed up to deliver it. Between myself and the delivery guy we unpacked it, 5 pieces, and moved it into my garage hand carrying some parts and using his dolly for others. I then had two friends come over and between the three of us we moved the pieces to the shop and had it set up in less than an hour. No special tools needed just willing friends with strong backs.

Tony

Congrats on the lathe Roy. Sounds like the fun is a brewing.
    Bernie

Never put off until tomorrow what you can do the day after tomorrow.

To succeed in life, you need three things: a wishbone, a backbone and a funnybone.

Roy,
    I go to The Tool Nut for pretty much anything I need these days.
    I've always gotten a good price with good service. It is a pretty impressive place for window shopping too!

Enjoy the lathe!
    Now you need to join the Nutmeg Woodturners league in Brookfeild CT. It is a great club that meets every other month. Next monday May 14 at 6:00 is the next meeting.
    John
    Last edited by John Shuk; 05-09-2007 at 5:06 PM.
    I could cry for the time I've wasted, but thats a waste of time and tears.

Congrats Roy!
    Have Chainsaw- Will Travel

Nothing like a new "big iron" lathe...made even sweeter by a great price. Congrats!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Congrats Roy!

Friday will be a special day!

Make sure you have help to assemble it. Its a heavy fella.
    A few hours south of Steve Schlumpf

Roy,
    A good friend loaned me his engine hoist to help unload and assemble my PM 3520B when it arrived last Dec. The hoist was adjustable in boom length, boom up/down plus it was on wheels.
    I made a sling out of nylon rope tripled up and picked the whold lathe package up and rolled it out on my pickup bed where the hoist could reach it better.
    Then picked up the bed section, put one end down on the tailgate to steady it and bolted the other end's leg on. Then picked the bed and one leg up, moved out some more, and put other leg on using the hoist to hold the weight. Put tool rest on, then tailstock, then rolled the hoist over to where I wanted the lathe to be.
    Put together and in place with only some help from my wife. The engine hoist made it real easy and safe.
    Saw a similar one at Harbor Freight for about $150 this week. Well worth it if you need it.
    Rich s.

New Mustard

Patrick,
    Patrick,

When mine arrived I was at work. The driver had a lift on his truck and brought it down my gravel drive (25 degree slope) with a hand truck. He put it in the corner of my shop. I called the wife from work and asked about the delivery, she said the box looked rather small. I thought they had probably sent me the wrong lathe.

I got home and it was a huge box with a wooden pallet inside. Waited two days until my brother-in-law came over to give me a hand in assembly. We took the head and tail stock off and assembled the legs with the bed on the pallet. It was all we could do to right the bed afterwards. This thing is heavy!

Even the color has grown on me now! Haven't read a bad review about the lathe and I absolutely love mine.

Regards, Steve