Thread: Quick Post Scroll Bar Slider not working.

Quick Post Scroll Bar Slider not working.

Keith / Aaron,

Using the new quick post feature, I noticed that the scroll slider was not working properly. If you click on the slider's movable square box, everytime you let it go it drops to the bottom. Also, the upper "line-at-a-time" fixed scroll box and lower "line-at-a-time" fixed scroll box do not work either. Only way to navigate up & down is via the cursor controls in the text box itself (I did not try the PAGE keys...).

You only really notice this with a large volume of text in the quick post text box.

Thanks for all you do. Todd.

Todd,

I just tested the Quick Post and it works fine, I filled the box with lots of text and it scrolls fine. The top and bottom arrows also work so the problem must be with your browser Todd. If anyone else is having the same problem let me know.

Just tested it and the same thing happens with me as Todd. Once you get past the first "page" ... 6-7 lines for me...you can't go through it line by line. It jumps from top to bottom and bottom to top. I'm using IE 6.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Quote Originally Posted by Glenn Clabo
    Just tested it and the same thing happens with me as Todd. Once you get past the first "page" ... 6-7 lines for me...you can't go through it line by line. It jumps from top to bottom and bottom to top. I'm using IE 6.
    I've been experiencing some "unusual" scrolling behavior with IE6.x since some recent updates that MS provided. If I use the wheel on the rodent, no problem, but if I use the vertical scroll bar with the left mouse button, I often get a jumpy motion that is either to the top or the bottom...can't "stop" in the middle somewhere. It's very inconsistant, however, and I have more problem with this at WOOD ONLINE than I do at SCM. (The former is due for a software upgrade soon, so perhaps that will mitigate...)
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

I'm at IE 6.0.2800.1106, SP1 + additional fixes / Win98.

Hmmm. I'm at IE 6.0.2800.1106.xpsp2..../ XP I think Jim has something here.
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Todd,

Anything that has to do with actual controls that appear on web forms is completely OS and Browser dependent--in other words it is something neither we nor the vBulletin programmers have control over.

As a web programmer, we simply tell the browser to put a text box on the page.. nothing more.

You may try patching your browser or try using a different browser- though it seems even in the latest patches sometimes, the browser's functionality doesn't quite always work right.

_Aaron_

Thanks Aaron. I think I can live with it! Todd.

Just an FYI...the new IE6 patch fixes this problem...
    http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/Bulletin/MS04-004.asp
    Glenn Clabo
    Michigan

Good deal, Glenn!

_Aaron_

Supposedly, the latest Microsoft security patch also has some fixes for certain scroll bar issues...I don't know specifically. Since I just applied it, I don't yet know if it's addressed the weirdness that I've experienced in this respect.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...