Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fellow woodworker has left us....

Blog Entries
    I had the pleasure of PM'ing back and forth a few times with Dale regarding a certain pasttime that we have both enjoyed in our lives. Besides that, as with most of the others, it has been truly a pleasure to have him around in The Creek. His wit and charm has touched me for quite a while now and he most certainly was a bright spot on this board. I would hope that maybe something featuring his style of humor will be "stickied" or stored somewhere so that we can check it out from time to time so that his memory will not fade with time.

I have had times in my life, that, regardless if I had met someone or had little contact with them in any way, their tough times have had this strange profound effect on me. There have been times I've been moved to tears.....this is one of them. Dale, we will all meet up again.....in a better place to boot.
    There's one in every crowd......and it's usually me!

The Master Carpenter is calling a fellow woodworker home.
    Doyle

God bless you Dale on your new start. It is sad news for those he leaves behind but Dale knows where he is headed and what is ahead for him. He is off to a better place.

God bless you Dale and see you again someday buddy.

Peace, in the Lord.

Dale will be truly missed. Out thoughts go out to his family and friends.
    Those who sense the winds of change should build windmills, not windbreaks.

Dave Wilson

No apology necessary. I'm glad I belong to a forum that cares! I'm sure that this is in God's hands.

Tom

Blessings to you and your family Dale.

I thank you for quick wit and great posts. More importantly, you've made some terrific projects for your family that they will always cherish....this is why so many of us are in the craft.

My prayers are with you and all your family.

While reading some of Pesh's earlier posts I came across this one and thought it appropriate http://www.sawmillcreek.org/showthread.php?t=9389 .

Just over 3 years ago Cupid was put to rest. I'm sure Cupid is waiting patiently for Pesh to open up the shop.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Exclamation Little update

Several of Dale's friends here have requested I provide any updates if/when I receive them. I did indeed just receive a short note from his daughter, Stacey. In part, it reads:

Suffice it to say these past few days have been long and hard … but they’ve also been joyous and cherished. My father is still with us though the days/hours will be very few. He is resting very comfortably at home in his own bed and surrounded by loved ones. That is truly a gift from the Lord.

Stacey is planning a separate note of thanks sometime in the future but, for now, she simply appreciates all the wonderful comments, prayers and well wishes. I too would like to add my "Thanks", as well.
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

To Stacey and Family,

I think its a beautiful thing that Dale is home with you guys.....to circle around his bed and talk with him. You don't get that very often...to be with Dale to the end....it is very touching.

Prayers and blessings to you all.......

Looks like I'm late enough to this hobby to miss meeting a truly nice person, having not met Pesh but reading all of this, I can say it definitely was my loss.

Godspeed Pesh..

Al
    Remember our vets, they need our help, just like they helped us.

Al, having met and spoken with you in person, I'm certain that you and Pesh would've hit it off like a pair of old pals! That's ok...One of these years, we'll all have a great big woodworker bash together and I hear that Dale plans on hosting it!

Quote Originally Posted by Al Willits View Post
    Looks like I'm late enough to this hobby to miss meeting a truly nice person, having not met Pesh but reading all of this, I can say it definitely was my loss.

Godspeed Pesh..

Al
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

I too have missed out on knowing Dale, what a loss. The abundance of well wishers is a testament to his character and how he lead his life. I wish him well in the second phase of his existance.
    The means by which an end is reached must exemplify the value of the end itself.

This is sad news. I didn,t know Dale outside of what he publicly posted but I really enjoyed his post and seeing his work. The one thing that struck me was his deep love and affection for his family, he seamed like the type of man that would work tirelesly to please them.

My deepest sympathies to the family. God Speed to you Dale
    Last edited by Bryan Somers; 05-22-2007 at 1:10 PM.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the very last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

Exclamation The Lord Jesus Christ Was A Woodworker!!!!

Have joy If he has placed his faith in Jesus Christ alone for his salvation he will be in the presence of the ultimate woodworker. Jesus was a carpenter with his father prior to entering his public life. AS John 3:16 says " God so loved the world that he gave his ONLY son. Who ever believes in him shall not perish but will have ever lasting LIFE!!" As Jesus himself said "I am the way the truth and the light no one comes to the father (GOD) except through me" I will be with the ulimate woodworker for eternity some day and hope to personally meet Dale if this was where he placed his faith for when he enters the eternal dust collector as we all will.
    God bless you Dale and family,
    Bill H.

In Gods Hands

Truly Woodworking is an Art, many try, but very few Master
    The responses here should tell you all.
    That God Needed a project done so on Pesch he did call.
    We should not be sad because hes gone
    because he left us with a better understanding
    Life and Woodworking are both the same.
    But only one requires alot more sanding.
    You see with each project you safely complete.
    if you look deep enough into it.the masters are waiting for the time when we meet.
    So Pesch we will all meet you in time.
    Thank you for Guidance and Skill and you never asked us for a dime.
    Take your best blade with you and set up your shop
    According to This forum you already made it to the Top

God Bless You