Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fellow woodworker has left us....

Exclamation Fellow woodworker has left us....

I apologize for posting on multiple forums but, I felt it necessary. Individual forum moderators are welcome to delete if they feel the need. It WILL stay on the Turners' Forum regardless.

This is, without a doubt, the most difficult thread I've posted in all my years on the Internet. As some of you know, Dale Thompson (Pesh) has been a long standing member of this community but, most recently, has been battling cancer. I just received a phone call from his daughter, Stacey. Long story short, they don't expect our buddy to make it a week. He's comfortable and at home but, his body is no longer able to process oxygen properly nor clean up the CO2 in his body. Stacey assured me that Pesh has made peace with himself, his family and his Lord and is ready for the next leg of his journey.

Stacey did have a special request, though. She is looking to see if there's any appropriate poem or prayer for a Woodworker, which may relate a connection between The Number 1 carpenter and those who have followed in this craft. If any of you folks know of such a verse, please, forward it on to me and I will be sure to get it to Stacey, as she really would like this on the front page of the church program.

I just don't know what else to say, plus it's just too hard to see the monitor through the tears. Pesh, you will be missed. But, your humor, your completed projects, all the good which you've done for so many and your words of wisdom will carry on into Eternity. The good Lord will now be taking care of you. You will never be forgotten. Be at peace, my friend. Be at peace.
    Cheers,
    John K. Miliunas

Cannot find REALITY.SYS. Universe halted.
    60 grit is a turning tool, ain't it?
    SMC is totally supported by volunteers and your generosity! Please help if you can!
    Looking for something for nothing? Check here!

Thanks for posting this, John. I've greatly enjoyed Dale's humor since I've been coming to SMC and his projects, too. He's a fine woodworker and obviously enjoyed life. I, too, will miss him.
    Cody

Logmaster LM-1 sawmill, 30 hp Kioti tractor w/ FEL, Stihl 290 chainsaw, 300 bf cap. Solar Kiln

Heartbreaking news. Truly heartbreaking. My condolences to Dale's family. He will be missed.

Bob
    bob m

I too have enjoyed Dale's humor and projects. Many of the newer Creekers have missed something special. But many of us have the memories. GOD SPEED, Dale! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

I am so saddened to read this post. I am at a loss for words.

I do know that I am a better person for having met Pesh in person, a little over a year ago in LaCrosse. His humor and stories will be truly missed here on the "Creek". I already feel a void and my heart is heavy.

For those of you that are newer to the "Creek", do your selves a favor and go to the "Members List" and pull up Dale Thompson's name and read his posts. You won't be disappointed and you'll understand what a great person he is.

Pesh, you will always be remembered by this wood hacker.

Karl, aka "Dells"
    Last edited by Karl Laustrup; 05-19-2007 at 1:19 PM. Reason: Added to original post
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Add my condolences. It is very heartening to hear that I will get to meet him someday!

Dale's were the posts I most often read to my wife. His perspective on things is priceless.
    Dan

There are three ways to get something done: Do it yourself, employ someone, or forbid your children to do it.
    -Monta Crane

Prayer

I don't know what to say. The teacher will be missed.
    Godspeed Dale. See ya' again someday brother.

Mike

John, thank you for the update.

Like someone else mentioned, you newer Creekers truly missed a Gem with Dale Thompson.

His wit and way with words were unique and always a joy to read.

I especially enjoyed and often giggled uncontrollably whenever Dale (Pesh)and John (Spring) bantered back and forth.

Dale is a dear friend to the Creek and he will be sadly missed.

My Condolenceses to the Thompson Family.

Joe

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis

I'm honered to have known you and a better person for it.
    Thanks Pesh
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Dale's wit and intelligence will be missed! I loved teasing him about his "whining" when he so often built projects for his daughter (of whom he was so proud) and her family. My sincere sympathy to Dale's family and friends........And yes.....there will be a little less laughter in the bubbly 'Creek.....
    Ken

So much to learn, so little time.....

Always heart breaking to lose a friend.

Richard

God bless you Dale.
    I could cry for the time I've wasted, but thats a waste of time and tears.

Really sad. I too enjoyed Dale's posts. He'll be missed. Boy, ya just gotta live every day to the fullest.

For those that never had the pleasure of knowing Pesh, permit me to suggest some reading material for you.

It's locked only to preserve it as the classic time capsule that it is.
    Only the Blue Roads