Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bama boys know how to hunt.

Bama boys know how to hunt.

Alabama Boy Kills 1,051-Pound Monster Pig, Bigger Than 'Hogzilla'
    FOX News

Bama boys don't mess around when it comes to huntin'.!!!
    Glad to say....I'm an old Alabama boy.

Big Ol' Hawg
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

That is way big.

What I would like to know is how something that big can go unnoticed long enough to actually grow that big?

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

Karl, there are lots of places down in Alabama for that monster to have hidden in--and it wouldn't surprise me if people started coming forward saying "I saw it but...."

He was probably eating little pigs for breakfast.

Nancy
    Nancy Laird
    Owner - D&N Specialties, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!
    Lasers - ULS M-20 (20W) & M-360 (40W), Corel X4 and X3
    SMC is user supported. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php

MMMMM....I'm gettin' hungry!!! Could you imagine the size of a slice of bacon from that rascal??
    Kyle in K'zoo
    Screws are kinda like knots, if you can't use the right one, use lots of 'em.
    The greatest tragedy in life is the gruesome murder of a beautiful theory by a brutal gang of facts.

It was a wild boar that was on a 1200 or so acre hunting ranch. The father said 6-700lbs of sausage.

I'm sorry guys, I see no need to kill a creature as large and as ugly beautiful and magnificent as this. As dumb as this sounds, when does he get a chance to get a shot at you?
    Was he attacking the kid that shot him? Did the kid that shot him need the meat to put on his family's table? What happens to his cold dead carcase now? Oh it would make a great throw rug!
    "Bama boys know how to hunt"; give him a camera and see how close he could come to it to get a shot. Then he would have been doing something!!
    Go ahead criticize me all you want, I did hunt at one time. Why I'm not sure, to kill something I think for whatever reason is beyond me. At my age now, I'm trying to live as long as I can, I've changed my thinking 360*. Everything/everybody should have a chance to live their lives in their own surroundings as graciously and as long as they can without someone trying to take it from them. We all know the killings that have gone on in the not too distant past.!!
    I know, I know, I'll have to wrench your guns from your cold dead hands, or words to that effect. There's no need for that. Put them away yourselves or only kill if you need to feed your family.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
    Mack C. in Brooklin ON Canada

It feels really great to sell a pen;
    It feels even greater to give one to a friend!

If your presence doesn't make an impact;
    Your absence won't make a difference!

Mack.....the only hunting I ever really did was hunt to put food in the freezer. Never hunted for the sport of it. I haven't hunted in a long time now. It's gotten too expensive to hunt any more and land to hunt on is getting more scarce all the time.
    Dennis -
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Im not a hunter, I have hunted an killed. First off everyones different and gets kicks from different things.With us one of them is wood
    I agree only to kill for meat, only if your starving or putting meat on table or not though is foolish. Theres hunting seasons for a reason population control or a very healthy population that can be thinned every year and built back up .Thats the bottom line of it.If there wasnt hunting seasons there could be rampant disease, starvation, crops perished,more people hurt.Im sorry but we are at the top of the food chain out of the water.Its the circle of life.
    One of the things recently up here in the NW region that cracks me up is the fish and wildlife shooting rubber bullets at the seals.Why because there decimating the salmon. Why because theres too many of them, they have been protected too long.I dont want to kill a seal but thats the only way if we want to keep our salmon that feeds millions of people.
    Just today car slams on its brakes right in front of me, why deer ran out one in front of him one in front of me, right in front of a grocery store and theres a hunting season here for them.
    Im not trying to stir a ruccus but theres alot more to it than loving animals.

Quote Originally Posted by Mack Cameron View Post
    I'm sorry guys, I see no need to kill a creature as large and as ugly beautiful and magnificent as this. As dumb as this sounds, when does he get a chance to get a shot at you?
    Was he attacking the kid that shot him? Did the kid that shot him need the meat to put on his family's table? What happens to his cold dead carcase now? Oh it would make a great throw rug!
    "Bama boys know how to hunt"; give him a camera and see how close he could come to it to get a shot. Then he would have been doing something!!
    Go ahead criticize me all you want, I did hunt at one time. Why I'm not sure, to kill something I think for whatever reason is beyond me. At my age now, I'm trying to live as long as I can, I've changed my thinking 360*. Everything/everybody should have a chance to live their lives in their own surroundings as graciously and as long as they can without someone trying to take it from them. We all know the killings that have gone on in the not too distant past.!!
    I know, I know, I'll have to wrench your guns from your cold dead hands, or words to that effect. There's no need for that. Put them away yourselves or only kill if you need to feed your family.

So is that hog naturally that big or does he live near some sort of chemical plant? I thought I read something a while back about Hogzilla eating food that had growth hormones in it.
    Jim

Mark, I assume you haven't ever hunted wild boar. There is a real chance for a 400 pounder to kill you.

They are ill tempered at best, downright aggressive at the worst.

There are lots of rumors surrounding the actual hunt itself so I don't know the facts around it.

Any chance you are a vegan?

Joe
    JC Custom WoodWorks

For best results, try not to do anything stupid.

"So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala "Star Wars III: The Revenge of the Sith"

[quote=Joe Chritz;592039]
    Mark, I assume you haven't ever hunted wild boar. There is a real chance for a 400 pounder to kill you.
    Hi Joe; No, I never have and I never intend to. I'm just a senior Canuck that hasn't touched a gun since puberty.

They are ill tempered at best, downright aggressive at the worst.
    As I understand the situation, it was in a 2500 acre hunting park. Not much chance of them attacking you if you don't go in to hunt them. It's not so much the hunting that abhors me, it's the killing of this gigantic beast. A one of a kind, I'm betting. So now the young lad has bragging rights for killing the biggest boar ever. Big deal in my estimation.

Any chance you are a vegan?
    Not a vegan, Joe. I eat red meat with the best of them. I just can't fathom the thrill of killing a one of a kind beast such as this for the thrill of killing it. A picture would provide more thrill to me, and leave me wondering where is it now and what's it doing.

Respectfully
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

If it was in a preserve was it one of those canned hunts where you shoot when they turn on the electric feeders? This hog was probably given plenty of food in the hopes that it might reach this size. It probably wasn't very sporting. Me I don't hunt. I have done it and it just isn't my thing. I think alot of kids are missing out on what can bring a real life's lesson though when hunting is less and less available.
    I could cry for the time I've wasted, but thats a waste of time and tears.

To each his own, I suppose.

I don't get drawn into philosophical debates on a forum as it is to easy to misread what is intended.

I'm not normally big on preserve hunts either, however, 2500 acres is a bit shy of 4 square miles. Not exactly a pen. I would love to know all the details. If it was a clean hunt its pretty impressive, more so for a youth.

Joe
    JC Custom WoodWorks

For best results, try not to do anything stupid.

"So this is how liberty dies...with thunderous applause." - Padmé Amidala "Star Wars III: The Revenge of the Sith"

Ok folks....this thread didn't get started to debate personal feelings about hunting. Keep it civil and get off each others backs. Nobody's going to change the mind of anyone else here...especially in a public forum that you have to translate emotion behind what's written.

Let's move on...shall we.
    Dennis -

[quote=Dennis Peacock;592135]Ok folks....this thread didn't get started to debate personal feelings about hunting. Keep it civil and get off each others backs. Nobody's going to change the mind of anyone else here...especially in a public forum that you have to translate emotion behind what's written.

Let's move on...shall we.
    As you wish Dennis; but I didn't detect anything other than congenial discussion!
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]