Thread: Mini Router Table....

Mini Router Table....

Hello all, I thought I would post my little mini router table that I built primarily for making boxes. The reason I built this is 2 fold....I have a small shop and none of my equipment other than the table saw and DP is used with out rolling it out or moving it to the center of the garage. The Bench Dog is pretty darn heavy and with the 3 HP router it can be a chore for me and my bad back to move around. So I wanted to dedicate that one to heavier duty projects and for the Gifkin jig etc. I wanted a small lightweight table that could be easily moved around and would be used primarily for small 1/4 shanked bits that I use in box making. Little dados, rebates, round overs and the like. For Christmas I got a Bosch Colt palm router which is 1 HP and has a very good reputation. So I decided to use that and ordered from Oak Park (The Router Workshop boys) one of there 7 inch base plates without mounting holes so I could mount the Colt on it. The Colt really does work well for a Router Table. All the controls are up front and it's easy to adjust with the coarse adjustment then lock that in with a twist and you can make the fine adjustment with the wheel with it then at the top near the base plate. Then lock it all down. The speed control ( if you need it) is located on the top of the router and in the table it is right under the power switch. Really works well. Anyway, it was not without a few headaches but here is the table. I will use primarily an Oak Park fence on it. The table top is 22 inches wide and 14 inches deep. I think I will even be able to use my Oak Park box joint jigs on it.

Corey
    Attached Images Attached Images

Corey -

That is a slick little table! You will put it to good use on your projects for sure. Simplicity is good.

Nice work - I need to make one of those little guys myself.

Very kewel, Corey! Perfect for the task, too.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Thanks guys, it works pretty darn good. It will get a lot of use in my shop.

Corey

Very nice Corey! The Colt does seem to have a very good reputation and I certainly see the utility of a smaller table for many (if not most) of the duties that a router table is used. I know that the router table I built for my shop quickly became one of my most indispensable items in my collection of tools. Great work!