Thread: Building Grade 2 Braille

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Building Grade 2 Braille

Attached to this message is a Corel Draw X3 drawing that I just started using to create grade 2 braille for signs. The actual braille layout is derived from using a braille translator program but the program will not produce the font for engraving, it simply provides a graphic representation of the text in grade 2 braille.

Until I can find a suitable grade 2 braille font that is affordable this procedure allows me to save common words I use for commercial signs and quickly copy and paste the braille (converted to curves) into the drawing for engraving. This drawing will be updated frequently, the revision and date will be updated to reflect the latest changes.

Anyone who would like to provide input or make changes to this drawing please feel free to revise the drawing as necessary and post your revision here in this thread.

The tools for adding your own words are included in the drawing. There is a six position braille graph that you can use to drop the large dots provided to create new text. You will need a source for grade 2 braille either a translator or some type of document.

REV 01-05-28-07
    Attached Files Attached Files
    Last edited by Keith Outten; 05-28-2007 at 10:09 PM.