Thread: Convert ShopFox fence to Beis...

Convert ShopFox fence to Beis...

I have a Shopfox Aluma Classic fence, and the fence has a bolt at the back that rides on the rear rail as you move it back and forth.

I noticed that the Beis fence rides on the table itself, and has a couple of pieces of plastic adhered to the bottom of the fence to facilitate this.

Does anyone know what material I could for this? I want to remove my back rail.

Thanks!

Doesn't your back rail support the wings? On most saws it does. I have the Shop Fox Classic & the back rail helps hold everything together.

What about removing the bolt & gluing UHMW in a couple of places thats what rides the surface of my table. Before you change anything spend the time & really look at how your system was designed & how everything works together & think about it see if you can kind of get inside the design teams head & figure out what they were thinking. Sometimes they have very valid thoughts other times they only use their heads to grow hair on.
    I usually find it much easier to be wrong once in while than to try to be perfect.

My web page has a pop up. It is a free site, just close the pop up on the right side of the screen

converting shop fox fence.....

Matt, I'm not positive about the material on the Biese fence,it is probably
    a piece of UHMW that is being used on the fence, similar to the one on my Delta T-2. That is some very tough, long wearing, durable material
    so that it can resist wear for a long time.

Thanks guys.

Now that I think about it, I can leave the back rail and still add an outfeed table that sits on the rail.

The bolt at the back of the fence would keep the outfeed table from being flush against the saw table.

Thanks!

The original Biesemeyer fences used formica. Not sure about the new ones...joe

Bies will sell you the pads seperately. Be sure to ask what size drill to use to drill mounting holes. It isn't a standard in the 1/16- 1/4 sets. Glueing doesn't work with the UHMW stuff,

Thanks Bruce.

Are they attached to the bottom of the fence with screws? I thought it was an adhesive of sorts.

Thanks.