Thread: Grizzly 1023SLX Fence Installation Question

Grizzly 1023SLX Fence Installation Question

After a busy holiday with relatives in town, I'm finally getting around to finishing my table saw install. For those who own a 1023SLX, I have a question about the fence install.

The manual for the fence mentions if the front of the table is beveled (which mine is) to use some washers between the rail and tube as spacers. I used two (washers) initially and the the gap in the front between the bottom of the fence and the table top was much too wide. I removed the spacers and the gap in the front is now about 1/16" which is what the manual suggests. However, for the rear rail, the manul mentions the top of the rail should be flush with the table. Given this senario, the 1/16" gap in the front narrows to no gap in the rear. Does it sound like I'm doing this right? Unless the rear rail is slightly above table level it looks like the rear part of the fence slides on outfeed side of the table. On the other hand, if the rail is above table level it would interfere with the wood as it's feed through. This seems a little confusing, if someone who has done this can help me out I'd greatly appreciate your suggestions.
    Last edited by Steve Jensen; 05-31-2007 at 11:16 PM.

Steve
    I have that same saw with the same table.I didn't use the spacers between the rail and tube either.I have about 1/16" gap at the front of the table to the bottom of the fence.My extension table has a very small crown(hump) in it.My rear rail is flush to the table top at each end,but below the table top about 1/16" in the middle.Look at the bottom rear of the fence and you will see the nylon bumper thing that is supposed to ride on the rear rail.Measure the gap between the rail and bumper plus 1/16" and stick a plastic or nylon piece of something on the bumper so that it slides on the rear rail.I think i used a cabinet door bumper.I had the same problem with the rail being to high and catching on material.Other than that,the saw was within .003 right out of the box.I've used mine daily for about 3 months now without any problems.Any other questions,feel free to ask.
    scott

Scott, I looked and do see the nylon bumper you're talking about. Tomorrow I'll find something to stick on it as you suggest. I can see how that will definitely help. You're a life saver man, thanks!