Thread: What to use to glue acrylic to paper

What to use to glue acrylic to paper

will try making acrylic trophies with photo paper or plain paper in between two acrylics. What is the best glue to use for this application ? Please suggest easy to find stuff since I am in asia.

Harry the stuff I use to join the two acrylics together is Polyweld. It dries almost instantly and doesn't appear to stick to anything other than acrylic, but you have to be careful on the surface if you touch it when it's wet or it will leave a mark. I bought mine on ebay, but anyone who sells plastic for signs etc should be able to supply it. It has the consistency of water. www.fivestardistribution.com

I've never tried attaching photographs so I won't enter into that.
    Epilog 45w Helix X3/X5 Corel Microflame Generator (flame polisher) Heat Bender

you dont need any glue , use small screws or dome nuts on the corners of the acryylic to clamp the 2 sheets and sandwhich the pic between em

I did a couple yesterday. I used the clear 2mil sign vinyl film, cut it just less than the width of the 2 pieces of acrylic and edge-wrapped it. Invisible, and holds, but could be removed in the future.

Sammamish, WA

Epilog Legend 24TT 45W, had a sign business for 17 years, now just doing laser work on the side.

"One only needs two tools in life: WD-40 to make things go, and duct tape to make them stop." G. Weilacher

"The handyman's secret weapon - Duct Tape" R. Green

I've worked in the photographic field for many years. For displays with photos mounted to plexiglass, acrylic, or lexan we used an optically clear double side tape that was designed just for this use. You can get it through Seal, Coda or 3M there are a few manufacturers of this. There is a company called Brooke Cutters that has a system that mounts a photo to acrylic or crystal. It uses a water slide decal that you can print on your ink-jet or color laser printer and then seal it with a uv coating. I haven't received their samples yet. They've been pushing me hard to buy a system. You can buy the decal material from many sources it's about $2 an 8.5x11 sheet it's not that hard to work with and you can use it on a variety of substrates from tiles to glass to candles. One thing Brooke Cutters do that I know I'll start buying is custom jigsaw puzzles. They do one ups and you can up load a file to them. They have quite a few size and count options, but the samples I got on that were pretty cool. I'll be at least buying that from them.
    Good Luck

Marty
    Martin Boekers

1 - Epilog Radius 25watt laser 1998
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2005
    1 - Epilog Legend EXT36 75watt laser 2007
    1 - Epilog Fusion M2 32 120watt laser with camera 2015
    2 - Geo Knight K20S 16x20 Heat Press
    Geo Knight K Mug Press,
    Ricoh GX-7000 Dye Sub Printer
    Zerox Phaser 6360 Laser Printer
    numerous other tools and implements