Thread: FTP In Dallas TX on July 21'st

FTP In Dallas TX on July 21'st

There will be a Freedom Pen Turnathon on July 21'st 2007 at Wood WOrld from 10AM-4pm. There are over 600 kits earmarked for this event so we really need to get a bunch of turners out for this one. The Hunt County Woodturners are going to come out so it ought to be fun. You may either bring a mini lathe or use one that will be there. No eperience needed and there will be plenty of instructors on hand to help all beginners who wish to turn.There will be Free Hot Dogs and Cold drinks all day.

Wood WOrld is located at the intersection of TI Blvd andd Sherman Street.
    Hope to see many of you there...Thanks...Craig
    Craig Fyock

Member: Dallas Area Woodturnes
    Hunt County Woodturners

Thanks to all those who sacrifice to keep us safe and free!!!

I would like to thank all those who attended the TAT. We had over 30 turners sign in. There were members of The Dallas Are Woodturners, The Hunt County Wood Turners, The North Texas Woodturners and The Golden Triangle Woodturners, clubs in attendance. The Hunt County Club had the Most attending Members with 18 .

We made around 200 pens and I must say they were some of the best finished Ive seen in a long time. We gave awards for the Bet Tuning, The Most unusual /Interesting Pen Blank and the Best of SHow (Which was the best overall turning, blank, and Finish) which Art Hendrix (Hunt County Member) won all of the above. Terry Hefner (Soon to be Hunt County) won the Award for best Finish. Bob Larson (Dallas Area Woodturners) won the award for most pens turned with a total of 25. Congrats to all the award winners and a BIG THANKS for all those who came out and did some turning.....Craig Fyock
    Craig Fyock

Member: Dallas Area Woodturnes
    Hunt County Woodturners

Thanks to all those who sacrifice to keep us safe and free!!!

Craig,

Thanks so much to all of you for your continued support of the program. You Texas guys are gals are number one.

Jackie

Wood World TAT in Dallas

I would like to report that Craig's TAT Saturday was a great one! There were 16 lathes set up for over 30 turners. Wood World employees were most gracious to help with anything we asked for. They also provided hot dogs, chips, and drinks for lunch.

It was great to meet some folks from other clubs. I taught a lady from Barcelona, Spain and two people from Nigeria. They were all enjoyable. I also demonstrated Don Ward's CA finish to several people, and they put some nice finishes on their pens.

As for the awards I received for my pens, I simply went back to our old red/white/blue Corian for a few blanks, and they stole the show! They are really patriotic in appearance.

I think everyone had fun and enjoyed visiting with other turners. The idea for the plaques and the door prizes was great. And we got to promote the Freedom Pen Project to folks in Dallas.

Oh, also the Dallas Channel 11 (a CBS affiliate) news photographer was there and we were on the news at 6 and 10 on Saturday. The photographer wanted me to help him turn a pen, his first, so I did. He was really happy to send it to a serviceman/woman.

Thanks, Wood World for a great time at your TAT.

Art Hendrix