Thread: Go Atlantis

Go Atlantis

A few minutes ago out my back door.
    Lets wish them a safe trip and return in 12 days.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Nice lift-off. I do wish I could see blast-off in person -- up close and personal. Do you hear the rockets from where you are--?

Jerry
    Jerry

Sound

The weather was calm today so yes the sound travels well. I am 30 miles or so away so it takes a few minutes to get here. When the rumble hits it shakes the doors and windows for a few minutes.

For a night launch it is bright enough to cast a shadow from 30 miles and more away.

Cool pic. Many years ago when I was going through some NAVY training in Orlando they had launched a satalite about sunset and I had no idea what it was untill someone told me. Really lit up the sky.
    He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the very last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion.

My son got to watch from inside the Kennedy Space Center. He is over there on a college internship program. The lab experiments they are working on now are supposed to go up on the December shuttle launch.
    Doyle