Thread: Pleased with Rikon Support

Smile Pleased with Rikon Support

I recently purchased a Rikon 14" Deluxe Bandsaw (10-325) via Woodcraft. Once I got it home and had assembled the base, I began to break down the box and styrofoam to get to the main bandsaw unit. It turns out the frame was bent where it bolts to the base. I called Rikon customer service, explained the situation, sent them an email with pictues, and they determined that the frame had been bent prior to boxing the unit for shipping. They shipped me a new unit (the delivery service wheeled it directly into my garage) and told me to keep the original. So, basically, I have replacement parts for: motor, wheels, blade, bearings, etc. etc.

This was my first experience with Rikon. The fact that I had to wait an extra week to get up and running was a pain, but it has paid off in the long run. I finally finished the assembly/adjustments today and have cut a few pieces of wood. I'm very pleased with the saw and with Rikon.

Regards,

Rob

In the foothills of the NM Sandia Mountains
    Rob, it's always good to hear when a manufacture comes through. Thanks for posting.
    Please help support the Creek.

"It's paradoxical that the idea of living a long life appeals to everyone, but the idea of getting old doesn't appeal to anyone."
    Andy Rooney

I have a 18" Rikon which I"ve a few prolems with but Rikon has been very supportive. I'd buy from them again.
    Those who sense the winds of change should build windmills, not windbreaks.

Dave Wilson

it's good to know that even AFTER the sell, support is there.
    Thanks & Happy Wood Chips,
    Dennis -
    Get the Benefits of Being an SMC Contributor..!
    ....DEBT is nothing more than yesterday's spending taken from tomorrow's income.

Yep. Same here. I had a problem with my 18" bandsaw popping the breaker.

They had me a new staring cap overnite. They were going to send a motor assembly, but I was pretty sure it was the cap. Nice folks on the phone also.

Wow, great service!! That is great to know. You are lucky they let you keep the old saw!! I really like their bandsaws - they had a professional 14" that had 12" resaw built in correct?? It looked like a 16" saw to me.
    Glad its my shop I am responsible for - I only have to make me happy.

Motors

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Cutler View Post
    Yep. Same here. I had a problem with my 18" bandsaw popping the breaker.

They had me a new staring cap overnite. They were going to send a motor assembly, but I was pretty sure it was the cap. Nice folks on the phone also.
    I had the same issue with the 1.5 h.p. motor on the 10-325 plus popping the breaker. I mentioned a new start cap but the Rikon tech said there could be other problems as well and just sent me a new motor and told me to keep the old one. I may get a new start cap and try it just for grins. One thing about Rikon motors-when I compare the size of the Rikon 1.5 h.p. to a Baldor or Marathon 1.5 h.p., it's seems quite a bit smaller. I'd wonder about durability in a heavy use environment. For me, I probably put about 10 hours runtime per year on it so it'll probably live a long time. If someone were putting 5 hours a day on one, I'm not so sure it'd live long and be happy.

Curt