Thread: Sliding table saw bracket

Sliding table saw bracket

I have the Dewalt Hybrid Saw and have been wanting a sliding table saw real bad, but the do cost $459.00. I am curious though, with WWW going out of business they have a couple of Jet sliding table saws for the Unisaw. Currently they are 60% off and with only a few days until they close i expect it to drop even further. Now the question - would it be possible to make a different bracket system to use this sliding table on my Dewalt? Both wings are 27", however the bracket system used by Jet uses the front and back rails to attach the sliding saw. I do not know how Dewalt attaches their sliding table saw. Anybody out there have any knowledge about this? Any of you tinkerers think its possible?
    Jim Carpenter
    "If opportunity doesn't knock, build a door."

James, sorry I can't help with your question, but am interested in the Jet sliding table myself. Could not recognize the abreviation, who is going out of buisness that has them at a reduced price. Thanks and good luck.

May not be the same model, but we bought a JET sliding table (seems like it was $700?) for the Xacta saw at the mesquite outfit, and I wouldn't recommend it. I don't know about other sliders, but this one requires fence placement at the front to crosscut 48", and that takes some getting used to. The design of the slider calls for it to be 'proud' of the main table by a teensy bit...and in our case, there's not enough adjustment to get it flush...so the sliding table can get in the way of 'normal' tablesaw operations. And when the table's not in the way, the support tube IS in the way...all the time for me.

There's also no outer 'feet' on ours...the swing arm mechanism is what holds the sliding table level, and you can 'tilt' it considerably. I wouldn't buy this one again, and I'm not sure I'd buy ANY slider add-on. Maybe a table that's designed to be a slider in the first place is the way to go...

KC

Quote Originally Posted by Norm Roberts
    Could not recognize the abreviation, who is going out of buisness that has them at a reduced price.
    Woodworker's Warehouse, but most of the stores are already closed. Actually, I'm surprised that even that one near James is still open. Perhaps it was where they consolodated unsold stuff from other stores as TrendLines shut them down a few months ago.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

James,

When you own a welding machine almost anything is possible Making custom brackets and even re-engineering stands is normally a very easy task and most of the time the custom effort is much supeiror to a manufacturers design since you don't have to be concerned with shipping costs. I find it necessary to own metalworking equipment just to support my woodworking needs.