Thread: In-Line Industries

Thumbs down In-Line Industries

I ordered an A-Line-It back in May. On June 1st first they sent an email that said the item was backordered 2-3 weeks. I immediately replied (June 2nd) and asked to cancel the order with no confirmation. On June 7th, my credit card was charged the $59.99. I sent an email asking why the card was charged when I had asked to cancel the order. They replied that the email was not received in time and the order had ALREADY BEEN SHIPPED. Now, it has been more than 2 weeks and still no gauge. Multiple emails asking for shipping and tracking information have gone unanswered. I called the 800 number this morning and explained my situation. He looked my order up and said it was going out on Monday. What's wrong with this picture? I was told it was already shipped and that's why they couldn't cancel the order. I would have told him to not ship and refund my card but I recently switched to Bank of America from a local outfit and the card I used is no longer valid. CAVEAT EMPTOR!!!!!!!!!!!!

There have been other reported issues with In-Line recently here at SMC. It is a "one man" operation, but...

I could be wrong, but even though you canceled your old card, you should still be able to work with them on a problem with a purchase that occurred prior to the cancellation.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

You should still be able to dispute the charge on the card you used.
    Happiness is like wetting your pants...everyone can see it, but only you can feel the warmth....

I'm surprised and not surprised. This company has long had a reputation for good service because it was "person to person". Maybe the person in charge is too busy with tool shows to pay attention to details. I also ordered something from them and then had a lot of back and forth discussions before I got what I wanted. I didn't complain because the discussions were friendly and worked out, but they never should have happened. I hope the boss reads this stuff and starts paying attention to business details.

If I'm not mistaken, it's not legal for them to charge your card until it's been shipped. Once you have it in hand, the tracking nbr will provide proof of the actual ship date vs. the date they charged your card. If it's not just dropped at your door, I'd refuse to sign for it just so you dont have the expense of shipping it back but make note of the tracking number. It ought to be fairly easy to dispute the payment with the card issuer with that info.
    Use the fence Luke

I guess I am going to have to do some type of dispute. He said it was shipping Monday and I asked for shipping confirmation and still nothing. Thanks guys.