Thread: Woodmaster products

Woodmaster products

Hi all,

After spending several hours planing 50bf long, wide maple boards yesterday, I'm beginning to think my Dewalt lunchbox planer is a little inadequate. This particular wood was very rough and had quite a bit of dimensional differences, so many passes were required.

The Jim Becker aircraft carrier option is a possibility because I really want a larger jointer too. I was also looking on-line at Woodmaster equipment. Does anyone have one of these units? If so, how do you like it? How easy is the conversion from planer to sander? Thanks. Dave.

Dave,
    I have the 718 model and really like the machine. Conversion from planer to molder or sander is quick (after some practice). I have not used the gang rip saw feature yet. I decided to keep the dewalt planer, since it is very convenient to plane with the dewalt and then sand with the woodmaster.

When I have lots of planing to do, the woodmaster is the best tool. It has variable speed control, which makes planing grain changing woods much easier. The variable speed also helps when running molding through. I have not had to change the blades yet, so I cannot comment about that.

I would be happy to answer any specific questions you have, if I can.
    Rick

Dave, give my "friends" (they better like me given the bucks I've sent them!) in Texas a call as they may be able to help you out with something delivered at the Hartford show unless you need it "sooner". It saved me a lot of time and a bit of money and yes, you can power through a lot of material with a machine like that.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Woodmaster

I also have the 718. It is a horse of a machine and, the people are nice to talk to. If you have a question, you get to talk to one of the "big boys", not someone in India that can't speak English. The rip saws work really well. They occassionally have scratch and dent at about 1/2 price. I, too, will answer specific questions if I can.
    Eddie
    Eddie in So. West Virginia BP

Woodmaster Site

http://www.woodmastertools.com

Looks like this model is on sale.
    Model 718 (18"), with 5HP Motor & Steel Extension Tables
    Reg. $3,140.95 Now just $1,595.00*

Dave, a guy I work with has one and he has remodeled his whole house with it. Hardwood floors and all the molding and cabinets you can fit in one house.
    Dick

No Pain-No Gain- Not!
    No Pain-Good