Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pinnacle M Tech.

Pinnacle M Tech.

I know a guy that would like to sell me a barely used
    M series Laser. Can I get tech support? I called a place that sells them and I was told, no warranty or tech support on a used Pinnacle Laser. These are the things I need to know before making a decision.
    My understanding is Epilog would give tech support if I bought a used Epilog laser.......
    Brian Robison
    MetalMarkers
    Epilog Mini
    Rabbit 1290

Hi Brian,
    I considered buying a used Epilog before I purchased the one I got, and Epilog told me that they would assist me and work with me even though I bought it used. I would suggest you call your local Epilog rep and ask. I bought mine (it was a demo unit from the distributer, which they gave me a great deal on) about 4 weeks ago and although I have not had my training, I am happy with the product.

I have been running tests and although i have not had much luck with the Aztec calendar I downloaded from the net, the Dice file which one of the members offered up as a demo worked great.

I have found this to be a great forum and I look forward to becoming a welcomed member.

Jim

Epilog Mini 24 / 45W

I guess it depends on how much the Pinnacle is discounted. While a warranty is great, I think the proper discounting may work in your favor.

Pinnacle ZX Explorer II
    40W, X3
    Vinyl Express Lynx 24"
    Epson 4800 Dye Sub Hybrid

Jim

Glad to have you aboard.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

THanks for the welcome Mike. I can see I'll be here a lot.

By the way, does anyone have a .CDR file of the Aztec Calendar of the quality that the Epilog and Pinnicle guys have? It's a great give away.

Thanks all.

I don't understand why there would be no tech support or warrantee? If there is still time on the original warantee , you would enjoy the balance of it. As to tech support , GCC support ALL their machines.
    Free tech support or an additional warrantee is another issue altogether. You cannot reasonably expect another seller to provide this service at no cost. They made nothing on your machine. IOm pretty sure if one reseller wont provide tech support another will and im also pretty sure that if you had to mail GCC and tell them one of their authorised dealers is denying you tech support you are willling to pay for on your machine m they will take some action.
    The M series is very much a workhorse laser , it does both engraving and cutting well and is pretty reliable , albeit a little slow.
    I would say a reasonable price for a 2nd hand 25 watter is round 10-12k. Be VERY careful in regard to time based useage , it is unlikely , that even with heavier usage , that anything barring the tube would wear out , and the tube can fail 5 mins into usage or 5 yrs into useage. Whatever price you pay , factor in a tube swap over the next 12 months. You can either factor it into the purchase price or the running costs of the laser.
    You can further either factor in a full replacement cost or a reconned tube cost. The M series used to use Synrad tubes , not sure if the latest models still do so find out what a new or reconned or repeaired tube will set you back.

But on the bright side, we do have some very generous members here on the list who can help sort out problems. Some of these are in fact dealers, such as the Brewers and Rob Bosworth; I know I'm forgetting some. You're smart to look into a widely-used model, this way you'll be in good company.
    For my first laser I went with a new one (it was a tough choice--I would never denigrate those who choose otherwise); it's well worth it for the tech support and warranty.
    Marc Myer
    Epilog 35 mini

Dang! I forgot Peck Sidara! There are probably many more; I'm still kinda new here. My apologies to the other great reps who help out on this forum.
    Marc Myer
    Epilog 35 mini

I have an Epilog Mini and they have been TOP NOTCH!
    Problem is this one came up and it might be a good deal, but not without tech support.
    Brian Robison
    MetalMarkers
    Epilog Mini
    Rabbit 1290

Brian
    The Pinnacle tech support rep is a member of the forum, why don't you call him or PM him for a direct answer.
    Mike Null

St. Louis Laser, Inc.

Trotec Speedy 300, 80 watt
    Gravograph IS400
    Woodworking shop CLTT and Laser Sublimation
    Dye Sublimation
    CorelDraw X5, X7

Jim, give this version of the Aztec Calendar a try:

http://www.redtengu.com/images/raw/A...lendar_3in.cdr
    Dave Jones -- Epilog Mini-24, 45 watt, CorelDraw X3, Creative Suite CS2

Most places that "sell" an item, won't or don't want to give support if you bought from someone else. That being said, the Pinnacle is just a rename of a LaserPro mercury and you could probably get support from them if you bought a used one.

Thanks Dave,
    I didn't import it right so it didn't look very well when I had the EPS file.

Thanks so much for the help.

Does anyone have any recommended settings for the Aztec calendar. I have been testing (14x) and can not recreate the demos which I got from the laser distributers as clearly.

Thanks
    Jim Watkins
    Aliso Viejo, CA.

EPILOG Mini 24 - 45w
    Corel X4; PhotoGrave 3.0
    Nova 1624-44 Lathe

Dang... I've been lookinf for that file!!!

Thanks for posting it...

Mark.
    Epilog 75 Watt 36 EXT... Corel X3... PhotoGraV...

Jim, are you doing it on Alder? That's what they use. I usually do it at 600dpi, 50% power, 20% speed. Or at 25% P, 20% S to not go so deep.

I haven't done a lot of experimenting. Maybe going faster and higher power power would be better, but I get good results at those settings.
    Dave Jones -- Epilog Mini-24, 45 watt, CorelDraw X3, Creative Suite CS2