Thread: Just had to say congrads to member Dave Shively!!!!

Just had to say congrads to member Dave Shively!!!!

I just picked up a special publication from the newstand yesterday that is put out by Wood Magazine. It is called America's Best Home Workshop and it is filled with neat ideas and tons of shop photos. On pages 46-55 is SawMillCreek's own Dave Shively. I immediately recognized the photos on page 50 from seeing them here at the Creek, some time ago.

Dave, what a cool, well thought-out, highly organized shop you have! Congrads to you and thanks for sharing your layout and ideas in the magazine, as well as here on the Creek. You must throughly enjoy going out in your shop to work on projects. I know I would. Kudos to you sir!

Dave

p.s. For inquiring minds, the magazine costs $12.95 and I found it at a Barnes and Nobles Bookstore.
    Life is a gift, not a guarantee.

Best shop magazine article

David,

Thanks for the recognition on the magazine article. This has been in the works
    for over a 1 ½ years now. I have told very few people about it because I was
    slightly embarrassed about me being pictured in a national magazine for all
    to see. It actual was not my idea to submit my shop but I did it anyway. The
    photographer took over 120 pictures and it took half a day to do so. All and
    all I have to admit it was kind of fun though.

Dave

Dave Shively

Dave, do you mind me asking where you live? Notice my name? I have a cousin in Northwest Indiana, is this you?

Jon,

There are not that many Shively's, but I'm sure we are related somehow. I live in Lafayette.

Dave.

Lafayette?

Just spent four days last week in West Lafayette for the Indiana State FFA Convention. Nope, no relation, my grandfather was an orphan and at age 18 a judge allowed him to pick a last name, the orphanage was on Shively Road, the rest is history.
    Will have to find the information about your shop. Congratulations and by the way, cool last name!!!
    I live up the road (SR 43, North about an hour and a half) North Judson, Indiana. If you ever visit Bailey's Discount in Toto, I am the second house on the West North of their store.

Magazine cover (picture)

If anyone is interested, here is what the WOOD magazine cover looks like. There 15 great shops in the magazine with many organizational ideas and storage ideas as well to help set up a shop. WOOD is also going to do this again for 2008.

Dave

Jon,

Your a Shively to me. If I'm up that way I'll look you up.

Dave