Thread: Anyone know about woodworkersworkshop

Blog Entries

Anyone know about woodworkersworkshop

I just received an email from someone asking about a set of plans I had made for a child's desk and chair. They named woodworkersworkshop as the source they had found the plans at. I have never heard of these folks or this site. They seem to be providing free links to free woodworking plans, but certainly never contacted me to use my plans. They are also advertising other things for sale.

It turns out they have a link for my plans that takes you to Loren Hutchinson's site where back in the Badger Pond days, some of us made plans available.

Anyone know if these folks are legitimate??

Sorry if this appears off topic, but it really does relate to woodworking since all the plans are for woodwork.
    Lee Schierer
    USNA '71
    Go Navy!

My advice, comments and suggestions are free, but it costs money to run the site. If you found something of value here please give a little something back by becoming a contributor! Please Contribute

I would have to say they are a legitimate as your public library. You put out a plan on a public forum which they collected and put into their site. It is a giant cut and paste if you will.

http://www.google.com/search?sourcei...q=Lee+Schierer

Lee, following David's lead, I put my name into Goggle (along with 'wood') and I found a program called Panel Pro (calculates panels, rails and stiles) I wrote many years ago and made available to Wayne via Badger Pond.

It seems kind of strange to see your work floating around the web. At first I was kind of miffed, but after thinking about it, I'm ok with it. After all, I did intend to give it away. Now it's just being given away by (or from) someone else. The difference is the contact information included in mine is WAY outdated, so no one is contacting me.

Jim Barry used to post on a couple forums I too attended by the name "The Woodchuck Canuck", he is the King of the free plans. Always struck me as a pretty decent guy, he was always quick to try to help someone out who was looking for a plan for something.

I recall one time him getting a little miffed about a spate of Newfie jokes. He's a proud Canadian, a proud Newfoundlander.

Dave