Thread: BEWARE - When a Good Deal Isn't or the Saga of POOR Customer Service

BEWARE - When a Good Deal Isn't or the Saga of POOR Customer Service

I recently attended the WW Show in Baltimore and purchased a new Jet DC 1100CK dust collector from the local distributor. This is the new canister model. They only had 1 on display & convinced me to take a DC 1100A home with the promise they would ship the canister on Monday. Friday's UPS shipments come & NO canister. I called the distributor and was told none in stock, but Jet products arriving everyday. I was in Baltimore today and stopped by the store to inquire where was my canister. The sales rep told me that Jet has backordered the canisters until mid Feb. Now they have my money and I have half a dust collector. Yes I could use the 1100A, but the 30 micron bags are no better than the Grizzy I just sold. This great deal, where I saved about $40.00 off the normal retail price will cost me at least 7 weeks of aggravation. The moral of this tale is BEWARE buying machinery at WW Shows if you don't personally carry it home with you. Since it costs the vendors thousands of $$$$ for a booth they want to sell as much as possible even if they don't have it.

Sorry to hear this wasn't resolved, Ken. They should have at least given you (for free) a better top bag for your trouble. IMHO, of course.

BTW, I'm busy on Wednesday the 21st, but right now the other days next week are fine to get together if you are going to be in Horsham slaving away.
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

This is a recurring problem with JET! I was s*****d out of my $100 rebate by canceling the canister DC after repeated promises it will be here ... What gets me even more is I should have bought the Griz BS instead of the Jet.

Return it, tell them where to go and how to get there if they give you any problems and buy it from some one that actually has it in stock. I can't believe that Jet is having this much problem keeping this filter in stock.
    Chuck

When all else fails increase hammer size!
    "You can know what other people know. You can do what other people can do."-Dave Gingery

Since you'll be out this way next week, check with Woodworkers Haven in Southampton (215-953-1955) to see if they have the DC you want in stock...you could run out at lunch and pick it up...only a few miles across County Line Road from your office in Horsham. You can tell them I sent you, but they might charge you extra...
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

An update on my dust collector woes. After talking to the distributor several times today they have agreed to send me a 5 micron upper bag at NO charge. While it's not as good as the canister I will be able to use the dust collector.

Ken