Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cakepans

cakepans

I was wondering if anybody here has any red and blue Doughmakers cake pans/lids that they would like to get rid of. Any help here would be appreciated.

Dennis
    JD Laser Gifts

Lids

I need some too.

Doughmakers says they will have unpainted 9x13 lids first week of Oct. and painted 9x13 lids near the end of Oct.

They need to get hot on this or they will miss the holiday season.

Hi Guys - Think I have a couple in the basement, give me a day to figure out what I have... I'll be in touch.

Steve

OK, I'll bite. What do you use them for? I'll assume not for baking... or have I slipped over to the Baker's Forum?

Mitch
    "I love the smell of sawdust in the morning".
    Robert Duval in "Apileachips Now". - almost.

Laserpro Spirit 60W laser, Corel X3
    Missionfurnishings, Mitchell Andrus Studios, NC

High Quality engraved Cake Pans.

Goto my homepage

Near the top you will see

KarensCakePans

take a look.

Dennis,

I have 12 red lids and 11 blue lids; 19 doughmaker pans and 18 grandma's touch pans. I bought a bunch and the demand around here has been less than I expected and I would like to free up some of my precious storage room. I also have 12 green lids if you want those.

You can have them for what I paid, plus the shipping.

Let me know.

Regards,
    Rose Hamacher

Wayelp, I'll be horn-swaggled. An entire cake pan sub-culture right amoungst us. Now I know.

Mitch
    "I love the smell of sawdust in the morning".
    Robert Duval in "Apileachips Now". - almost.

Laserpro Spirit 60W laser, Corel X3
    Missionfurnishings, Mitchell Andrus Studios, NC

can you tell us more about the cake pans?
    Do they sell well? what audience do you market them to (craftshows?)
    do you custom engrave or generic messages?
    I'd like to learn more about this please

Barbara

Barbara,

You can also checkout my homepage to see how I Market them. I just pick a few popular designs that my customers can choose from and then add "From the Kitchen of....". I also take requests from my customers for designs they want that I don't have listed. I usually target crafts shows and I wish I had a dollar for everytime somebody picks up one of my lids and says "WOW....what a great idea". I also target weddings, showers, local baking classes and stores. I hear they do well for fundraisers but have not had the time to market this. I have also thought about doing shows where I do the engraving on site.

sorry...Pete,(not Steve)

I know what you mean about them dropping the ball but it seems like the new rep Debbie has a better handle on it than Ryan did.

Dennis
    JD Laser Gifts
    Last edited by Dennis Kotlowski; 09-28-2006 at 10:57 AM.

so these are meant to be ordered by someone, and they use it to take to someones house with a cake in it. Hmm, this is very interesting.

barbara

cake pan lids ?

I have been lurking here for several weeks now and have learned SO MUCH!! And maybe one day I can return something back to SMC.
    Now for a question.. on the doughakers etched lids are they anodized alumin., painted or plastic?
    seems an interesting concept for schools, craft shows..etc.

Thanks for all for the selfless shareing of knowledge.
    BTW... I have an epilog ext36 (24"x 36" bed) 120 watt. for inquireing minds

Howard,

They are powder coated aluminum lids.

Dennis
    JD Laser Gifts

I just talked to Doughmakers this morning. They said they would have unpainted lids by the end of October. They also said that they are not even sure if they will continue handling the painted lids. The lady I talked to in customer service made it sound like the painted lids would no longer be available.

Does anyone know of an alternate supplier for painted lids which would fit the Doughmakers pans?

Sounds like an opportunity here, if they are in fact discontinuing the lids... Being in Detroit, there are hundreds of job shops that could do this very easily (tools & die - stamping plant - production paint) - if there is adequete interest - I can make some inquiries...

Dennis - I may need to keep one as a sample

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Strickler
    I just talked to Doughmakers this morning. They said they would have unpainted lids by the end of October. They also said that they are not even sure if they will continue handling the painted lids. The lady I talked to in customer service made it sound like the painted lids would no longer be available.

Does anyone know of an alternate supplier for painted lids which would fit the Doughmakers pans?

Dave,

When calling Doughmakers about the lids ask for Debbie.....she is the rep. You will get mixed answers from customer service. When I first found out that the lids were backordered customer service told me they think they were not going to deal with the colored lids anymore but when I talked to Debbie she assured me that they were still going to handle them they just were not sure exactly when. Their largest buyer gets 50,000 units a year (in colored lids). I don't think they are just going to throw that away.

Dennis
    JD Laser Gifts