Page 1 of 8 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: "Good" tool purchases - 100% satisfied with,,

"Good" tool purchases - 100% satisfied with,,

Hello,
    I thought a good companion to the bad tool thread would be one for "good tools". Not so much the obvious, but ones that worked out exactly as planned or better than planned.

My list:
    #1 is the Kreg pocket hole jig.
    Wonderful tool/accessory.

#2 - DeWalt blades. I've had a great deal of success with DeWalt blades -moreso than any of the others that I've tried so far.

#3 - DeWalt 6" ROS. Works 100% as expected.

#4 - A Ryobi 1/4" collet router/router table combination. I've since upgraded to a Freud 1700, but the little Ryobi router/table works like a champ for the things I've used it for.

#5 - Hitachi $199.00 (from Lowe's) contractor table saw. 99% satisfied. The only "bug" is the non-3/4" miter slot.
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." - John Lennon

Ez smart CSGS exceeded my expectations was a good investment for me ..

husky x sawhorse . handy portable

http://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/...ctId=100397815

I bought the Bosch Colt palm router and use it all the time. One of the best $99 I have spent

The Kerg pocket hole system would be one, along with the PC biscuit cutter, along with the wire feed welder, sharp paint gun, Dewalt jig saw, and my table top drill press, made in Taiwan...something they made that actually has some quality to it.

I'd of said the EZ also, but I was disapointed in the square and I would have added a 24 or 36" guide bar to the set, so I was not a 100% happy with it, but it does work well to cut a straight line.

Actually have a lot of tools I'm happy with, but its taken years to get there.

Al

Forgot about the Bosch router, it is a nice little tool..
    Remember our vets, they need our help, just like they helped us.

My DJ-20 that I picked up used from a fellow Creeker in VA. Love that thing.

That said, like Al, I have a lot of tools that I am happy with but it look a long time to get there.

I really like my Rigid 14v cordless dril/driver. Got the tool, 2 batteries, dual fast charger and case for about $70 a while back-some kind of closeout/demo model. Use it all the time ! Love the one handed keyless chuck. I have lots of tools that work very well, but this one really pulls its weight and then some!
    Happy and Safe Turning, Don

Woodturners make the world go ROUND!

Smile

The Delta DJ-20. Perfect right out of the box. My big PC plunge router. A real King Kong.

The Leigh D4 dovetail jig. Wow, completely wonderful.

There's more. More than I can mention. The good tool purchases I've made far outnumber the bad.

Byrd Shelix Cutters

Hands down, best thing I've added to the shop.

I bought one for my DJ20, another for my PM 209 20" (wasn't available as an upgrade when I bought mine). Had them for 4 months now... can't stop looking for lumber to pass through them. Knowing that the neighbors don't have put in their earplugs is a great plus.

Festool !!!
    MARK

Sharpe T1 pressure pot HVLP spray gun setup.

I am with Al on the Kreg Pocket hole system as one of my best purchases. My second best purchase was 7-each 8 drawer card file cabinets from a surplus place to store my tools and supplies in. It gives me 56 drawers to store all sort of items. Getting older makes it difficult to find some of the things that I need, now all I have to do is search the drawers and find it every time. For tools the cabinets are much better than Snap-On tool cabinets for items that are small enough to fit. Those Rubbermaid drawer dividers fit nicely in the drawers for storing small parts.
    David B

My best purchase was a DeWalt DW-746 table saw with 52" extension and sliding table. Big jump from the 9" 1970's Sears, but have not run into anything it won't do. Does crosscut, ripping, dado, even molding head with ease.

I also like the DeWalt table saw blades. Clean cut, low noise, stay sharp a long time.

My list:
    • Festool sander & vac (other than the part about trying to concince my wife I needed a $600 sander and vacuum)
    • Lie-Nielsen rabbet block plane and No. 4 bench plane. Worked great out of the box and taught me how a plane should work so that I was willing and able to tune up my other planes.
    • Dewalt DW618 router kit. Works smooth, plenty of power, only one I need.
    • Bessey K-Body clamps
    • Not a woodworking tool, but my Hobart MIG welder which makes me look like a good welder--the wire feed works much better than the high end brand my dad bought several years ago for 3X the price.
    There are many other examples, but these are some fairly expensive tools that I haven't regretted one bit.

Wenzloff dovetail saw.

-My General Int'l Cabinet saw(50-250). Couldn't be happier with this machine.