Thread: Never know...

Never know...

Ya just never know what your gonna find when your out and about

The price was right.....$5
    The jigsaw has a neat little gizmo that slips on and off sets the blad so you can saw right against a wall

Reg
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius--and a lot of courage--to move in the opposite direction."

--Albert Einstein

Reg looks like you got yourself a $350.00 moisture meter real cheap!

Robert

Quote Originally Posted by ROBERT ELLIS View Post
    Reg looks like you got yourself a $350.00 moisture meter real cheap!

Robert
    Well I had to buy a box of Tide Robert to get the stain out of my pants when he told me the price but it was worth it
    Reg
    Any intelligent fool can make things bigger, more complex, and more violent. It takes a touch of genius--and a lot of courage--to move in the opposite direction."

--Albert Einstein

So, what does it feel like to be at the right place at the right time?

I have no idea.
    Please consider becoming a contributing member of Sawmill Creek.
    The cost is minimal and the benefits are real. Donate

'Last time I saw a jigsaw like that was at the Black and Decker headquarters in Towson MD in their tool museum on the ground floor...

Very nice finds!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Well we all get to be in the right place on occasion and it feels good. But being human I still think about the one that got away
    Yes its a nice one Jim but this one happens to be a old craftsman. There is one that the knob rotates on the top turning the blade insted of turning the whole saw I was looking for but I just couldn't pass this one up
    Reg

--Albert Einstein

Cman from that era was interesting stuff, just like the old B&D and PC tools with the metal cases, et al. Whether you use this or put it on a shelf as a collectable, it's really a nice acquisition, Reg!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Quote Originally Posted by Reg Mitchell View Post
    Well we all get to be in the right place on occasion and it feels good. But being human I still think about the one that got away
    Yes its a nice one Jim but this one happens to be a old craftsman. There is one that the knob rotates on the top turning the blade insted of turning the whole saw I was looking for but I just couldn't pass this one up
    Reg
    I bought one of those new that is about the same vintage as your find. It was the top of the line Craftsman jigsaw at the time. It turned out ot be one of the worst pieces of woodworking equipment I have ever owned. I went back to using the $39 barrel grip Skilsaw brand it was supposed to replace. You probably did better with the one you got.

I have one of those saws in the shop, its not working at this time, just needs brushes but it has been though a lot over the years and just keeps on going. I bought it around 1969 or 70 and used it to cut metal with most of its life.

Good find....

Quote Originally Posted by Reg Mitchell View Post
    . . . There is one that the knob rotates on the top turning the blade insted of turning the whole saw . . .
    I thought that was a neat feature when I bought one of my first power tools in about 1982. I don't think I've ever used it and it's a poor saw all around.
    Please consider becoming a contributing member of Sawmill Creek.
    The cost is minimal and the benefits are real. Donate