Thread: Accessories

Accessories

No gloat intended, but I need suggestions on accessories for a PM4224. I
    can't seem to find any place to throw $$$ at that lists PM specific bowl rests,etc. Are there other brands that you would recommend, and what other goodies should I be chasing after. Thanks, John.

Toys, I mean tools

John,

Try the Oneway website. They have all kinds of accessories for large lathes. Great products and service from really nice people. They even answer the phone when you call .

www.oneway.on.ca

Not affiliated, just a happy customer.
    Happy and Safe Turning, Don

Woodturners make the world go ROUND!

If you can't find anyplace to throw money at your new addiction, you ain't trying. LOL

Try;

1. Rockler.com
    2. Lee Valley Tools.
    3. Penn State Ind.

That's for starters. Hundreds of other places that will be more than happy to help separate you from your money.

By the way, What's a bowl rest?

Woodcraft has a 10% off sale Saturday. You might look at getting a couple of the Oneway Bowl Steadies. And yes they are made for the 24" swing.
    941.44 miles South of Steve Schlumph

TURN SAFE

You need to visit Craft Supplies or Packard Woodworks, they'll perform a rather painless and deep wallet biopsy on you. You probably won't find any Powermatic specific stuff. What you want to know is the size of your tool post, the tapers on your headstock and tailstock, and the threading of your headstock. Armed with that you can find tons of accessories. I like the modular T-bar tool rest system from Bestwood Tools (marketed by lots of other companies) and generally prefer it over the stock stool rests I have for my Oneway. I also like their adjustable bowl rest system. I'm sure you have a chuck on your list, a Oneway Stronghold chuck would be good and their live center is also good. Beyond that the skies the limit, and you thought your lathe was expensive.

John

A nice captured hollowing system with an assortment of boring bars, laser and steady should set you back 6 to 800 bucks maybe more. Now lets talk about a piece of exotic wood to make a giant hollowform from maybe 4 or 500. Hey I'm good at spending other peoples money, I should run for Congress. Oh, next day air frieght can always add $50 to any order.

Frank
    'Sawdust is better than Prozac'

Frank, I've found that Everyone here is good at helping others spend their money.

I like it.
    Mike