Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: "Weekend Doin's"

Smile "Weekend Doin's"

Friday August 3rd, 2007

GOOD MORNING "CREEKERS"

Well this has been quite the week. Prayers to all those in "The Cities" after that bridge collapse.

It's been hot, humid and DRY up here in "Cheeseland". I've heard more people say they can't wait for winter in the last few days and I have to concur with them.

I'm still watering daily and the sod I put down is doing OK. It's not growing very much, so I don't have to mow, but it's also not establishing itself into the soil. On another note, I haven't had one mole track in a little over a week now. Last count was 10 moles have gone to their reward.

The grandkids go home this weekend and while it's been fun, I'm glad we'll be getting back to normal. Whatever that is.

LOML and I are headed out this morning to play golf. Not sure what's on the agenda for the rest of the weekend, so we'll play it by ear.

So what's on the agenda for you this weekend? I hope it will be something you really want to do, but if not, at least make the best of it.
    Have a good one and please make it SAFE.

Karl
    Creeker Visits. They're the best.

This weekend I'll be taking Belle to test for her Junior (and possibly Senior) Water Rescue titles. Wish us luck!

Grand Marais, MN. A transplant from Minneapolis
    Hey Buddy,
    In town this weekend. Yard work, working on the trailer.
    General putzing. Gotta date tonight .
    TJH
    Live Like You Mean It.

http://www.northhouse.org/

Gotta work tomm OT (help pay for the new boat...) and after that will try and get to the bracing the storage cabinet from heck needs, and maybe even get it out of the garage...finally!!!!
    Also get the boat ready for Sunday, gonna do some morning fishing and try once again to figure out the depth finder/GPS combo, something is amiss when they promote it as a, easy to use unit, then give you a instruction manual thats almost 160 or so pages long...

Sunday after fishing I'll hopefully start on the car/boat port we bought at menards, boat is to high to fit in the garage unfortnately.

Ya all have a safe and well weekend

Al
    Remember our vets, they need our help, just like they helped us.

Making some more of those Wine Bottle boxes from a WoodMag issue a couple of months ago. Made one for a neighbor and I'm now getting 'orders' for more. How many times can you make the same thing before you're getting 'bored'?
    I guess as long as people are buying and it's helping to fund my 'habit', I'll keep making them.

Hopefully get the doors and drawers for the cabinets all sanded and maybe even start spraying them. Our grass needs to be cut again too (only about the 6th time this year, but the 3rd in the past few weeks) and I need to get the weeds in the driveway sprayed. Have to get up EARLY for that as there is always a breeze by about 8AM at my house.

I am planning on doing the glue up and V-Nail of the picture frames I finnally got around to cutting from the board that was sitting in my garage since June. I was able to capture alot of the figuring by not just cutting the strips then mitering by taking my time and laying out all of the cuts. Finishing will take a while though as I still need to get some shellac and figure out how to use it ona scrap peice.

Also planning on trying to turn a couple of bottle stopper blanks out of Sapele I have sitting around. Hope they come out good as I have never tried these before.

Oh and since my son is off with the grandparants camping this weekend I guess I will have to say hello to my wife every now and then and I am sure she may have a project or two......

Limited shop time this weekend due to some business commitments, but I may get in there a little!
    --

The most expensive tool is the one you buy "cheaply" and often...

Some where between Buffalo and Rochester NY
    This weekend will be spent cleaning and tuneing the tools. I am currently overhauling my scroll saw. The wife and kids will be partaking in the town wide gargesales, so I will spend tonight hauling the stuff out and setting it all up. Then Monday are daughter is of to camp for a week.

No shop time for the next few days. I'm headed to the Tampa area for a few days of "relaxation" with LOML.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC] Bill Arnold
    NRA Life Member
    Member of Mensa
    Live every day like it's your last, but don't forget to stop and smell the roses.

Weekend stuff

Hi All

Been a long time since I posted, been lost in the fog. This weekend I am going to start a Lighthouse that a person wants me to build for her mom's lake front home here in NH. Not sure how far I am going to get my shop gets very hot and we are in the grips of the heat wave right now. Last night at 8:00 pm it was almost 95° in my shop.

I will post pictures later as I go

Stay cool

Minor gloat - just got back from an appointment with the media guy from the NM State Fair and got the contract for all of the award plaques and updated phone numbers of the other two individuals for plaques. Yippee!!! Now to get them done by September 5--piece o' cake. Gonna turn out a couple of orders this afternoon, more orders tomorrow, and Sunday I'm gonna rest, as bossman is coming back from his vacation on Monday and my office will be a zoo!! I need to retire!!!

Have a good one, everyone.

Nancy (140 days!!)
    Last edited by Nancy Laird; 08-03-2007 at 3:06 PM.
    Nancy Laird
    Owner - D&N Specialties, Rio Rancho, New Mexico
    Woodworker, turner, laser engraver; RETIRED!
    Lasers - ULS M-20 (20W) & M-360 (40W), Corel X4 and X3
    SMC is user supported. http://www.sawmillcreek.org/donate.php

My not so "fine" woodworking project will take all my weekend. Hope to get the roof on and maybe some shingles as well. Going to be 97 here all weekend.
    Making new friends on SMC each and every day

Visiting my son and daughter-in-law, and the grandkids, in Tennesee before they both head of to Iraq for 15 months. This will be his 3rd trip and her first. Seeing my youngest grandson for the first time.
    Alan
    Support SMC, become a Contributor.

Adding some outlets to my garage. And cleaning up the mess from it. Being 100F and humid - It will take the weekend. My garage feels like a sauna.