Thread: Missing Parts from Biesemeyer fence box

Missing Parts from Biesemeyer fence box

Kind of bittersweet for me here. i picked up a new fence system and the box was unopened and fully sealed. i found that the installation manual, the fence lever knob, and the hairline pointer were missing.

i did find the .pdf version of the manual online, but what would be the best method for obtaining replacement parts? should i go through Lowes where i bought it, Biesemeyer, or Delta?

i'm just looking for a place to start. i've also found that i can probably just go and pick up a plastic or wooden knob from a hardware store but the hairline pointer would be harder to find. are there other options as far as just making my own pointer?

thanks and sorry for all of the questions.
    Last edited by Doug Pettway; 08-04-2007 at 3:04 PM.

I would contact the manufacturer.

Not meaning to contradict Tim, but you should be able to simply exchange your fence package(s) at Lowes for another kit. If they don'thave one and you'd have to wait to get it then I'd probably contact Biesemeyer.
    Mark Rios

Anything worth taking seriously is worth making fun of.

"All roads lead to a terrestrial planet finder telescope"

We arrive at this moment...by the unswerving punctuality...of chance.

i've got an email into biesemeyer now. hopefully they'll let me know what i can do to get the parts.

i had thought about taking it back to lowes but the other two boxes were opened and i bought the only sealed box thinking that would be the safer bet.

Maybe that's why the other two are open also! Jim.
    Coolmeadow Setters...Exclusively Irish! When Irish Eyes are smiling....They're usually up to something!!
    Home of Irish Setter Rescue of North Texas.
    No, I'm not an electrician. Any information I share is purely what I would do myself. If in doubt, hire an electrician!
    Member of the G0691 fan club!
    At a minimum, I'm Pentatoxic...Most likely I'm a Pentaholic. There seems to be no known cure. Pentatonix, winners of The Sing Off, s3.

Quote Originally Posted by Mark Rios View Post
    Not meaning to contradict Tim, but you should be able to simply exchange your fence package(s) at Lowes for another kit. If they don'thave one and you'd have to wait to get it then I'd probably contact Biesemeyer.
    I misread the OP. I assumed it was an open box "special"....yes then definitely go back to lowes and i am thinking they will give you the parts out of the open box. If not then, follow my original advice

Biesemeyer will replace the missing parts in my experience. However, that is an odd combo of items to be missing from a sealed box. The knob and the hairline pointer are in seperate bags, however other screws, etc are in the bag with them. So do you have the screws for attaching the hairline pointer?

Blog Entries
    I'm with Mark. If it's brand new just exchange it. Or take both avenues and see who gets you the parts soonest.
    "A hen is only an egg's way of making another egg".

– Samuel Butler

Try Lowes first and if that doesn't work get a hold of Biesemeyer. Even if they charge you for the parts, which I'd be suprised if they did, you got the fence cheap enough I think you could afford the knob and pointer and still be miles ahead.

Jeffrey, i had a huge bag of screws of different sizes and a bag with the feet for the table legs. i've been hearing good things about their service so hopefully that will work out.

Chuck, i agree. in the long run i dont mind paying for the parts as long as they arent charging rediculous prices for them. all in all the pointer and the knob arent preventing me from using the fence.

I doubt that Lowes will exchange it as these are nonstock items and being clearanced. But they will probably give you your money back. I'd call Bies direct and request missing parts. You have to decide how much you want this fence.

Update: Biesemeyer is sending the parts out to me. hooray for excellent customer service.

There ya go Doug, I knew you'd come out ok. Glad to hear it.

Talking Biesemeyer customer service is excellent

I was going to predict Biesemeyer was going to take care of you. I bought a used table saw last year that the origional owner sold because he could not install the Biesemeyer fence (and the factory fence was junk). He was sold the incorrect fence for his euro saw by the importer and it took some metal working to get it on. During that process I needed hardware, instruction manual and some templates so I called Biesemeyer support after getting the run-around by the importer (another long story!). This was for a fence sold years ago to the importer who sold it to their customer who then sold it to me. The Biesemeyer rep was most helpfull, 15$ for the hardware, threw in templates and gave me the URL for manual and I was good to go.

Those guys rock!